Sign in to follow this  
mustangconv85

looking for opinions on vinyl

well since i was about to order vinyl from the seller in this thread http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,4599.0.html  I now need to find a new place to order vinyl from. So i'm looking at Series LG Chem VIZUON CAL 6000 from JSI Signs Systems since thats where i bought my transfer tape from.  Just wondering if any was has any experiance with this vinyl i'll mostly be doing car window decals and some fleet decals.  So i'm just trying to make sure that this vinyl is good for what i'm wanting to use it for thanks

LG is ALL I used when I first started and I loved it. NEVER a single problem..cut great,weeded great, looked good. I moved away from my supplier or I would still be using it.

tried some LG form Signwarehouse --- love it and the price wasn't too bad. I will be ordering more!

Otherwise I normally use Oracal.

vehicle graphics - I'll stick with Oracal 751 Cast until I find something better, but the 751 cast is hard to beat.

flat type applications like post and panel signs, yard signs, etc.. Oracal 651 works fine

I know a lot of people swear by Oracal, but I never have cared for it for general use. Fine for the high-dollar jobs I suppose. Work-ability and wear-wise, I didn't find it any better than FDC which is what I use now.

have used the lg and it works fine ,i mainly use the oracal 651 .free local delivery and its a decent product.

Guest fivestar

I know a lot of people swear by Oracal, but I never have cared for it for general use. Fine for the high-dollar jobs I suppose. Work-ability and wear-wise, I didn't find it any better than FDC which is what I use now.

Oracal white is a thousand times better then FDC when it comes to cutting fine detail stuff.  My local distributor doesn't carry Oracal so when I order white I have to get it elsewhere.

It's gotta be better than the Avery I used last week. But honestly, I don't get much call for the fine detaled stuff in banners.

What's strange to me is my local supplier says there are only 4 manufacturers for vinyl in the us.

Guest fivestar

I'm pretty sure FDC is made by Avery, or so I was told somewhere.

manufacturers,maybe. Distributors,no. There is vinyl being made in China. I heard somewhere that FDC was made by Avery but I"ve not been able to prove it. I have gotten some vinyl with avery on the back liner and FDC on the inside of the tube,though.

I did say in the us...  :)

According to my long haired hippy contact (and no...not bannerjohn, although he is my other long haired hippy contact that I also trust!) FDC=Avery, I even have some fdc material that came out of an fdc box that has a liner with avery all over it.

When I asked him about getting some oracal 751 he said fdc has the same, they just don't produce the sapphire blue color that oracal does.

Of course even if someone was using the same manufacturer they can change the composition of the material to their specs.

The way they are made, and the surface they are applied on. Calendared is for flat surfaces, and doesn't have the best outdoor life durabilty. Cast is for curved surfaces, and will last much longer outdoors enduring the weather.