Sign in to follow this  
Bruisbe

Inkjet Printers for Inkjet Transfer Paper

I see that US Cutter and several other places sell transfer paper that cause be used with inkjet printers that use Pigment Ink...

This is the part that confuses me, as this is a totally new area to me and would be interested in getting into it, if it meant that I did not have to buy another printer just for this use.

My question is what is meant by Pigment Ink and what is the easiest way to tell if what I am currently using works.

I KNOW I KNOW...what kind of printer do you have...Not 100%...Its a Canon..I do know that, however I am not at home right now so I cant confirm at the moment.

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated because if I am going to invest in a new printer, then I am just going to get a laser one... :P...

Prolly more cost effective in the long run anyways.

• Like 1

different printers from the same manufactutere may use dye or pigment so model number on printer is important

• Like 1

If you're looking to buy a printer for doing t-shirt transfers, this is the one I bought and I love it - http://www.cobraink.com/Printers/epson4020.htm.  

It's $210 filled with pigment ink (was $240.25 with shipping) and a full set of refill bottles cost me $51.99 and I'm thinking now that I prematured when I bought the refills because the original cartridges have still got a long ways to go.  I just printed 60 full page (8.5"x11"), full color transfers in max quality mode and you can't hardly tell any of the ink has been used.

Customer service has been excellent, the one time I needed it, and they provide a comprehensive set of color profiles and can create custom color profiles (for a fee) if needed, if you use anything other than JPSS, 3G Opaque or Jet Opaque II transfer materials.

• Like 1