petroman2012

Question please

This has happened more than once but not regularly...My LP II tends to cut the same design twice..Like it finishes but starts its routing all over again, I caught it the first time and figured it might be graphic size as far as memory, but scaled down and well last nite it did it to me again, My question is would a graphic of LARGE resolution cause it to wanna cut twice over the first cut...

Did you create your Vectors with Adobe Illustraor??

Sometimes AI will put a second layer behind it...hence the reason it cuts twice...What program are you using to cut??

Im not sure how the others work, however Sure Cuts Alot...When you click cut...There is an option to cut by color...With that window open check to see if it is showing 2 layers...If so, simply hide the white layer by clicking on the blade to the left of the layer...This will clear it up for you.. :)

Check your design for unfilled paths. Often during design it is possible to end up with the "holes" in a design being an actual object even though you wouldn't be able to see them. I have even seen this manifested as a compound shape around the outside of a design. 

What design program do you use or can you post up a file that you have had problems with? The other possibility would be the more obvious check mark in the cutting software to make multiple cuts. 

I use SCALP and have gotten lazy so will check that option..Most of all designs are first cleaned in Photoshop then go to Vector Magic and then to CorelPhoto then I look at it carefully and look for faults...10 to 1 it is what you suggested, I thunk I cleared and reset all to original settings at one time or another  so it is dam possible..Thank you..have a rotten day...Just kidding...NOT

I found with SCALP if something has a line color AND a fill color, it sometimes sees them as 2 different things so cuts for both

I do appreciate that...I have had this happen oh about 4 times and last nite was I hope the last I was cutting a purple dachson(spell) dog and then they change their mind and wanted a black vinyl dog...