Sign in to follow this  
kimmy123

CREATION P-CUT CS630 CUTTING TOO DEEP

I have a pcut cs630 with optical eye, i have had it for just over a year so im not new to it or anything. over the last couple of days it will cut the sticker out then when it comes to do the box round the outside crumple up my vinyl and thats that. I tried changing the blade and now all of a sudden its cutting way too deep, straight through the backing paper, even though i have just swapped the blade for exactly the same degrees (45) and not altered the depth when i put the new blade back in. I am running sign cut pro so i cant alter the pressure of the blade on there as far as im aware. I have attached a photo of my current settings, these havent changed since i first set it up. Please help! 

post-69299-0-00984000-1379867657_thumb.j

number 1 your blade is out too far - number 2 your blade is out too far, number 3 pressure can be set on the machine

could you talk me through how to fix it, thats kind of gone straight over my head. i dont know what any of those settings mean really its just what the support guy from sign cut set them at for me and they have always worked. ps how to change the pressure on the machine id love to know!

have your gone thru the menu on the screen on your particular cutter and looked for the pressure setting?

on blade depth

borrowed from skeeter

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

did the blade test on some scrap vinyl, i had it stuck out way too far, it now cuts ok, maybe a little scruffy round corners of detailed small stickers. are my settings wrong on the screen?

what does that blade offset say?  hard to read. looks like it says 0.45?,,,  Should start at 0.25 and go plus or minus .05 to get proper blade offset.

45 is the angle of the grind on your blade, it has nothing to do with offset. If you cut a square do your corners come out looking correct? If yes then you don't need to mess with offset but if they come out round or with a hook shape to them this is what offset will correct.

I have played around with the offset but none seem to be making any difference. ive attached a photo of what its doing, sorry if its not very clear i can email it to anybody that may be able to help. its making a mess of the corners, i cant understand what has changed i havent touched the cutter at all. only thing i have done is renewed my signcut pro subscription (which i had nothing but problems with in the first place) any help would be of great help! 

post-69299-0-13441100-1380036639_thumb.j

looks like too much blade exposed, or too much force. When you peel that vinyl away, is there markings/cuts in the wax paper backing?  There should barely be a light mark on the wax paper backing.   Did you ever set your blade offset back to 0.25?  and adjust at + or minus 0.05 intervals?

Did you ever set your blade correctly for the depth?   That must be set correctly first. 

Make sure there are no scrap pieces of vinyl in the blade holder.  Also a drop of light oil in the blade holder, can help the blade spin freely, as it must spin freely.

number 1 your blade is out too far - number 2 your blade is out too far, number 3 pressure can be set on the machine

again . . . it is easy to see the blade is way too far out from those cuts.