Sign in to follow this  
Kelleybell123

I Need Help ASAP Please!!

So we did an order for someone & we kept the file for future orders from them thing is our computer crashed so we lost it but we do have a picture of what it looked like so if anyone could help me figure out what font we used for it I would greatly appreciate it. I have looked thru all of the fonts I have on my laptop but apparently I dont have the same fonts as my desktop did so I cont find it anywhere! Thanks in advance for any help given :) 

post-24713-0-01512900-1379833027_thumb.j

I beleive it to be part of the Abadi family

Find My Font concurs with that opinion...

• Like 1

It is always a good idea to ALSO save files off your computer.  I even save them in email drafts, on hotmail.com as well as external hard drive.  and on other computers I have. Back up you files several  times.  I would start doing that now, If I were you.  You can avoid this. 

• Like 2

I store on an external drive that I back up to another external from time to time. I have had multiple computers crash but to date I haven't lost an external drive. I also like that with yahoo it automatically save all sent emails so you can go back and find a file if something happens. I had to dig 1 out the other day that I chunked because they said they were going a different direction and 3 months later they decided they wanted the design I had sent them.

Yeah I back up everything on an external hard drive. And some stuff goes into dropbox online storage

It's funny but for all the worry about hard drive failures I don't have anything backed up to cd's or dvd's.

Just remember backing up an external isnt fool proof. I have 1 here full of about 300 floor plans I drew that is useless cause it somehow got corrupted. So basically I have a REALLY expensive paperweight. Thats why I also put stuff online

It's funny but for all the worry about hard drive failures I don't have anything backed up to cd's or dvd's.

If I purchase, vector cds/dvds  I burn myself off a copy, and never the use Master cd/dvd that I bought   They are all put up. In case 1 of my copies get bad. 

how about this one?    Abadi Standard Bold    Enter your text in that box.  looks to be the same.   So do the numbers.   The font was given to you above.  Just check out the Abadi font family. 

• Like 1

Don't tempt fate like that!  It's one thing to not do backups, it's an entirely different thing to not do backups and publicly brag about it...  :lol:

• Like 1

I've lost an ide and a sata drive already this year but no externals so far and I do back up just to another external HD. The chances of both externals going bad at the same time has to be pretty extreme. All my internet is through Verizon with limits on usage, if not I would backup everything online. Only things saved on the pc are works in progress or waiting on approval and yeah I had to redo a couple jobs when the sata went out this spring which was totally unexpected based on the supposed reliability of them.

how about this one?    Abadi Standard Bold    Enter your text in that box.  looks to be the same.   So do the numbers.   The font was given to you above.  Just check out the Abadi font family. 

http://www.linotype.com/164241/AbadiStdBold-product.html

Ya know this is the 2nd time Ive had the pleasure of your response on one of my questions & you seem to be a bit rude imo. I DID "do the numbers" as you say I didnt think they looked exact (the "c" is too round IMO and I didnt think the "b" looked right either IMO) so I moved on from it...You could have wrote your whole response without the "your a dumb-a$$ comments of  " So do the numbers.   The font was given to you above. "  I would appreciate it if you have negativaty like that to please just pass my posts up from now on. I dont treat anyone like a dumb-a$$ here so I dont expext to be treated like one. Thanks

Ya know this is the 2nd time Ive had the pleasure of your response on one of my questions & you seem to be a bit rude imo. I DID "do the numbers" as you say I didnt think they looked exact (the "c" is too round IMO and I didnt think the "b" looked right either IMO) so I moved on from it...You could have wrote your whole response without the "your a dumb-a$$ comments of  " So do the numbers.   The font was given to you above. "  I would appreciate it if you have negativaty like that to please just pass my posts up from now on. I dont treat anyone like a dumb-a$$ here so I dont expext to be treated like one. Thanks

funny thing about burning bridges - others don't want to follow after you set the fire. - was the font you are looking for within the other Abadi family of fonts when you looked it up online ? where have you looked them up at?

flamethrower.gif

I think what is frustrating to carolyn and many of us is that too many people show up when they want someone else to do the leg work for them without them actually trying to search for the answers themselves.  KInd of like the people that have had cutters for years and only come on to ask for a graphic or to have something traced.  it gets a little frustrating 

• Like 1

funny thing about burning bridges - others don't want to follow after you set the fire. - was the font you are looking for within the other Abadi family of fonts when you looked it up online ? where have you looked them up at?

flamethrower.gif

I think what is frustrating to carolyn and many of us is that too many people show up when they want someone else to do the leg work for them without them actually trying to search for the answers themselves.  KInd of like the people that have had cutters for years and only come on to ask for a graphic or to have something traced.  it gets a little frustrating 

Yeah ok so Im not an overly active person on this forum but what I use this forum for is to learn & ask questions from other more experienced people. I do not rub bellys with any of you. I dont sit online & talk about nothing & flame other posters like alot of people do. So building bridges is not on my priority list here. I think this forum was created for "help" its not a social club am I right? I dont really care if you dont like me. I really just stay to myself so I didnt see any NEED for either one of you to be jerks to me,and I was just stating my opinon about it and ya know what they say about those...everybodys got one. If you think a moment of someones time (that may know off the top of their head unlike me) the name of a particular font, is so much "leg work" dont friggin answer. There are some people that dont mind answering so thats who I was asking. Simple solution to a simple problem,correct? If this forum is not for help then let me know and I  will go elsewhere. Until then dont "help" if ya dont want to & dont make the people who ask for help feel stupid. 

I will be sure and avoid your questions in the future, no problem.

Sorry, I grabbed the wrong link of the Abadi font family.

• Like 1

Maybe the whole misunderstanding was all my fault by using the word "family".  I didn't actually match the font exactly I could just tell it was one of the Abadi fonts.  It appears there is more than one type of Abadi fonts.  Hence I used the word family to mean it should be one of them but not "Abadi" itself per say.

I thought that would narrow the search down for you and you could go through the half dozen or so abadi fonts on youe oqn and find the one that would work best for you.

Hope you got it figured out

Nobody on here is paid to help and honestly fighting with 2 of the most helpful people on here is probably not the best way to get the result you want.

• Like 1

jaybird first of all I am not "fighting" with anyone. I just dont like to be made to feel like an idiot & thats what your "2 most helpfu" people (IYO) did. (honestly it was just Mz Skeeter I was referring to in the first place noone else) I just called them on it & not just took it like an idiot. I didnt and still dont deserve to be treated like that AT ALL! Nor does anyone else.  I dont mess with anyone here WTH was the problem in just answering or not answering? I could care less about how "helpful" you think anyone is here, like I said I am not here for a social club. I am here to learn if not only by reading from more experienced members & asking an occasional question. If I feel experienced enough to help someone else I will do so if not I wont.  Ok now that she has responded she would pass my posts up it "should" be overwith b/c thats who I was talking to not anyone else. Right? So please let it be. 

You will find over time ALL forums are a social club of sorts and I honestly don't care who you like of dislike, including myself, I was just making an observation. And if you don't feel that the 2 members mentioned are as helpful as I say why not do an informal poll of other members around here and you may be surprised at the results. We all help in our own ways (I do redraws when I have the time to help out people just learning and can't tell you how many pm's I've been involved in helping sort out cutting issues and helping someone figure out how to do something in a design to make it do what they want. I have been taught vast amounts of cutting knowledge on this forum and I am grateful that these people take the time to try and help and if you don't like the help you receive I suggest not asking for it to begin with. There are other forums out there but I keep coming back to this site because of the way most don't try to beat up on the people starting out. If you think someone here treated you wrong I suggest you go somewhere like signs101 and ask the same question and see what answer you get. Rant over.

• Like 1

Maybe the whole misunderstanding was all my fault by using the word "family".  I didn't actually match the font exactly I could just tell it was one of the Abadi fonts.  It appears there is more than one type of Abadi fonts.  Hence I used the word family to mean it should be one of them but not "Abadi" itself per say.

I thought that would narrow the search down for you and you could go through the half dozen or so abadi fonts on youe oqn and find the one that would work best for you.

Hope you got it figured out

No not at all your fault. No misunderstanding about the font at all.  And yes I got it figured out. No not what font it is but I cheated & traced the image & made my project. I still dont know what the font is. My husband did put the picture in the whatthefont? website (which weve never used before) after I couldnt find it on my laptop fonts I have & said he didnt get anything from it so thats when I posted it on here. So like I said I just didnt think it looked like abadi so I wanted to know if anyone else had a different answer. No offense to you at all just wanted to know if anyone else had anything different.

So it was just the attitude of Mz Skeeter that was my problem. I posted my opinion on the matter & I was done. I thought. Until others want to defend such treatment of less experienced members & make it a childish popularity issue. I do thank you for your opinion on what font you thought it was I appreciate your efforts to help without treating me like an idiot.