Sign in to follow this  
m0stdiehatin

METALLIC VINYL TSHIRT

JUST GOT MY ORDER OF GOLD METALLIC VINYL FOR HEATPRESSING ON TSHIRTS OR WHATEVER , BUT IM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A CLEAN CUT . I HAVE TWO BLADES BLUE AND RED . I BEEN USING RED FOR CUTTING MY REGULAR WHITE BLACK VINYL WITH NO PROBLEMS . I FIGURED SINCE THIS PAPER ALOT THICKER I WILL SWITCH TO THE BLUE BLADE  BUT HAD NO LUCK I TRYED ADJUSTING BLADE TILL ITS ALMOST ALL THE WAY OUT AND STILL CANT GET A CLEAN CUT ?

I GOT USCUTTER LASERPOINT 2 , PRESSURE IS SET AT 105 AND SPEED AT 500 . ANY SUGGESTIONS?? DO I NEED A DIFFERENT BLADE?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

are you cutting on the dull side?  - it cuts real easy and is hard to see the cuts when done.

I have the same problem with a sample tonight. Did not cut through at all. I have read that most people leave their setting the same as cutting regular vinyl. I cut the dull side and it barely scored the vinyl. Guess i will have to expose more blade and more pressure. Have the same SC cutter..  Not trying to hijack a thread. Was about to post but seen this was started.

The film is generally thinner than regular film - did you try weeding it - maybe you just can't see the cut

I use the exact same settings for Siser Easy Weed as I do for Oracal 631/651 and don't have any issues.

I bought a used roll of Siser silver metallic and I could not cut and weed that to save my life. Well, it seemed to cut OK, but when I tried to weed it, it would pull apart - the adhesive would separate from the vinyl and I could never get a single shape or letter to separate cleanly.

I chalked it up to defective or old vinyl and tossed it out and haven't tried metallic HPV since...

• Like 1

My wife had bought a small sample of pink glitter heat transfer not sure where she ordered it from. From what i have seen and read it should weed just like regular vinyl. Tried weeding and nothing

i dont know whats going on but i will be calling uscutter tomorrow and asking them whats up . my cutter is cutting the metallic paper not the shinny part the opposite side of course which you can see the cut from the blade but when its time to peel the cut isnt deep enough the whole thing lifts up ! i tryed bringing up the pressure with no luck i also brang out the blade completly and had no luck ! that sucks

WELL SORRY I COULDNT LOG IN EARLIER , ITS JUST A MATTER OF BRINGING UP YOUR PRESSURE AND BLADE DEPTH , BASICALLY WILL JUST HAVE TO CUT OUT A BUNCH OF TEST BOXES TILL YOU GOT IT .ITS DEFF POSSIBLE 

Blade depth - really - how thick is this stuff - I have never seen any HTM that is as thick as sign vinyl so more blade does what?   Oh yeh it causes more problems when you actually get the thing figured out.

Yeah its possible. I think that the sample of HTV my wife was junk and not good vinyl. From reading through this forum i have seen that everybody keeps their settings the same. Will be buying a little of easy weed to see if that make a difference. 

pressure has to be in the 300 range. i just had the same issue a few weeks ago with siser metallics. it tells you this in the reviews of the product.

I have issues as the temp in my shop drops.  My shop in in my garage.  If I bring the vinyl in the house over night and warms up it cuts better,  I especially notice it with Siser heat press