Sign in to follow this  
Linda1

Question about car decal application

My daughter bought this decal for her car and I would appreciate any hints and suggestions on how to apply it.  I know how to apply large graphics using the hinge method on a wall, but not on a curved surface with door handles!  I would have cut something for her, but I only have a 12" black cat lynx and would have had to piece it together.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/321048706369?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

same thing hinge it and squeegee it down in  the center working out - take your time!  hopefully they used paper tape!

Yes, paper tape!  Thanks for the video.  I had only found ones for small window decals.

I'm worried because when I held it up to her car, it looks like I have to put it over the door handle unless we remove the bottom butterflies and lower the entire design.

either lay it and trip at the openings or move so it doesn't lay there - I would be concerned with longevity on a handle personally

As per request, here is a picture.  Everything went well except it started raining.  Removed a butterfly from bottom so we could move the entire design down some.

medium.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great. And now you can add another notch in your belt so to speak.

That looks nice!  How long did it take you to do both sides?

Cal

Looks like you did a good job. if you still have the other butterfly you could apply it right after the rear doors.

• Like 1