AtomicAce727

Pricing Question for Mulitple Large Vinyl Text Items

I am cutting out quite a bit of simple, easy to weed text for a single customer using Oracal 651.  I am starting to feel more comfortable with pricing based on info I have found here but would like as much input as possible on this as this is the largest single project I have had.

The dimensions are as follows:

(1) - 94" x 11"

(2) - 50" x 10"

(1) - 30" x 10"

(1) - 30" x 2.5"

(2) - 24" x 2.5"

(1) - 50" x 12"

(1) - 46" x 3.5"

I know the standard (L+W)/2 formula but since this is a large amount of vinyl for a single customer (for me at least) would you price it any differently? 

What would be your price for just the ready to apply vinyl? 

How much for vinyl and installation?

Thanks for any and all information!

How complicated is the design?  Large, san-serif text?  Just rectangles?  Lots of detailed curley-q's?  Without knowing how much weeding labor is involved, it's hard to say for sure...

How complicated is the design?  Large, san-serif text?  Just rectangles?  Lots of detailed curley-q's?  Without knowing how much weeding labor is involved, it's hard to say for sure...

It is basic straight line text so there isn't much time involved in laying everything out. The font is arial so it is very basic and easy to weed. All the dimensions are listed above which is text only as there is no other design.

Let me know if I left any information out that is needed. I can't think of anything else needed.

Thanks again.

Honestly since it is simple to weed I would do something like LxW/2 and then offer a 10% discount for the large order...

That comes out to about $208. The customer will appreciate it and likely return in the future since you helped him out.

Plus you would only be using at most 27 feet of vinyl...(Which is nothing even if you threw the scraps away for the smaller cuts).

• Like 1

If it's all one color,  you're looking at less than one 15" x 10 yard roll (I'm guesstimating you'll use about 21 out of the 30 feet on that roll).  

Assuming you have nothing in stock:

One roll of Oracal 651 - 15" x 10 yards = $13.99 (or $15.49 for colors or $15.99 for metallics)

One roll of RTape Conform series 4076 - 14" x 100 yards = 41.76

S&H = $9.99

Worst case then for a single color, your costs are $65.74 (or up to $2 more for colors or metallic) and you'll end up with 90+ yards of leftover app tape, which you can either deduct from total costs, especially if it's a product you know you'll use for other jobs, or if it's something odd (like a lavender matte vinyl) that you'll probably not use up, then include the full roll in your calculations.  Since I would find a use for that tape, I would only include the amount I plan to use, or about 10% of the roll, so only about $4.18

Large arial text will weed very quickly and not require much labor - you'll probably spend more time waiting for your cutter to do it's job than anything else.  I would guess a max of 2-2.5 hours labor at whatever you feel your time is worth.  Make sure you line your vinyl up good and square - not sure what kind of cutter you're using, but the cheaper models aren't always the greatest at tracking and you don't want to get to 90 of 94 inches and have it skew off the roll...

I would figure up $28.16 (a little more for colors/metallics) in materials + 2x whatever your hourly rate is as a bare minimum for the cut vinyl without installation.

For optional installation, add an additional 1-2 hours labor to cover installation itself, plus travel related costs (time and fuel), app fluid, and any other odds and ends that are required for the job.

If there are additional colors beyond the first, then you'll need to increase your material costs accordingly, but you'll end up with more leftovers you can use for other jobs, so although your initial outlay may go up, the cost of materials used shouldn't change much.

It was all one color and I did use basically the entire roll of 15" x 10 yard roll. For the cost of the app tape I calculated out how much is was for the amount I used so I have a good handle on the cost of materials which is basically exactly what you figured out as well.

I figured some people might have varying prices for all of it because of the amount, the pricing formula they use, experience, price break and so on so I was hoping for as much feedback as possible.

I did some quick calculations which I am not currently looking at as I am on my phone instead of the computer but I was thi king in the $200-250 range. Does that seem reasonable? I don't feel I needed to be the most expensive but want a fair price for me and the customer.