thegirlscreate

Cutting a large image

I need to cut a large image, it is 86 x 168 inches-- When I would cut large files like this in SB it would break it up into appropriate sized tiles to fit my roll. With SCAL it's just acting like I have a bigger machine. I haven't attempted to cut yet. But will it break it up into pieces? I am not even sure if I am explaining this right!

are you using the same driver. different drivers will tell your software what size your cutter goes up to. I have tried 2 of them, one from us cutter, and another from the roland pnc driver, My roland says its up to 18" wide, since thats what it thinks i have, but the us cutter driver, goes up to 33.0000"

i would atleast start there, thats just my guess.. unless theres an option somewhere in your software, 

I don't think they have a tiling option working yet. Not the last time I checked which was a month ago. You will be stuck setting your mat size to the size of vinyl you have and then moving the design around so that the rest of the design gets within the cutting area on the next piece. Good luck with that. You may have to place some diamonds or something within the area to use as registration marks to help line it all up. The Craft Edge design team said they were going to get this worked out and into one of the updates this summer but I don't think they ever got there. This would be a tough thing for any of us to do even seasoned pro's. With your post count I assume you are fairly new at this. I feel for you.

<edit> I see you have used Sign Blazer so my assumption is probably off as to your experience. Sorry, no offense meant.

• Like 1

Given the choice I'd do it in signblazer and be done with it SCALP let a lot to be desired IMO.

I don't think they have a tiling option working yet. Not the last time I checked which was a month ago. You will be stuck setting your mat size to the size of vinyl you have and then moving the design around so that the rest of the design gets within the cutting area on the next piece. Good luck with that. You may have to place some diamonds or something within the area to use as registration marks to help line it all up. The Craft Edge design team said they were going to get this worked out and into one of the updates this summer but I don't think they ever got there. This would be a tough thing for any of us to do even seasoned pro's. With your post count I assume you are fairly new at this. I feel for you.

<edit> I see you have used Sign Blazer so my assumption is probably off as to your experience. Sorry, no offense meant.

Haha it's okay! I have been doing vinyl for 4 years, I just rarely post on here ;)

Given the choice I'd do it in signblazer and be done with it SCALP let a lot to be desired IMO.

See I would love to do that, the issue I have is when I installed SCAL it caused my SB to stop working- I can still design in it which I do that a lot and then just export and import in SCAL. When I called support about it their response was "Why would you use SB for anything you can do that in SCAL"....So I never got the issue resolved. I have tried installing and uninstalling and reinstalling SB a million times to no avail!

And thanks for the suggestions-- I think that is what I will have to do. It is for a friend so she is willing to piece it all together. I think I will just number it for her so she knows what piece goes well.

I don't use signblazer anymore but it is light years ahead of scalp. I design on Corel X3 and use Flexistarter10 to do my cut work w/o issue but I do have SCALP on the back work station for contour cutting t-shirt transfers and that's all I use it for. It never came close to signblazer for function and if it were me I would do whatever i could to go back to signblazer. Post up some details of what it's doing and I feel sure one of the signblazer gurus on here can help you get it working again.

I don't use signblazer anymore but it is light years ahead of scalp. I design on Corel X3 and use Flexistarter10 to do my cut work w/o issue but I do have SCALP on the back work station for contour cutting t-shirt transfers and that's all I use it for. It never came close to signblazer for function and if it were me I would do whatever i could to go back to signblazer. Post up some details of what it's doing and I feel sure one of the signblazer gurus on here can help you get it working again.

I did awhile back and didn't get any clear help. I will try again! You know that reminds me I have some awesome training that I bought for Corel...haha still haven't even watched it! I just have no time....er I make no time. I am sure I could do loads more.

Between scalp, signblazer and flexistarter strictly for cutting, I choose Flexistarter but for design I like Corel.

• Like 1

Between scalp, signblazer and flexistarter strictly for cutting, I choose Flexistarter but for design I like Corel.

Yes that's why I need to learn Corel, stuff can look hokey out of SBD or SCALP.

• Like 1