Sign in to follow this  
LVmom8802

Cuts not closed

MH721

Signcut

Comport

I can not get my machine to close the cuts. I have adjusted the blade several times and still no luck. We have changed the offset, and still no luck after that either. The letters are coming out jagged not a clean font.

Anyone got any tips or tricks that I can try?

Thanks  ;D

What is the highest offset you have tried?  Are you sure that the carriage is correctly on the track (white wheels in the grove)?  Can you post a picture of a bad cut (and tell us the scale)?

If you are using signcut to do the text then that is probably the main problem.Mr.Kjell has stated in another post that signcut was not made for creating text.I guess it's just in the program for looks.

I had a similar problem... I noticed that the places where letters weren't cut completely were places where the blade ought to be swiveling as it cuts. To fix this, I got a tube of lithium grease and applied just a tiny bit to the tail end of the blade, where it slides into the holder. The cutting quality is great now. I got the grease for about $1 in Wal-Mart's automotive section.

I have only had my 721 for a week.  I had the cuts not closed problem as well.  I tried adjusting the blade depth, pressure and offset but it didn't make any difference.  I removed the blade holder, flushed it out with denatured, blew it dry, cleaned off the blade shaft and lubed everything lightly with silicone oil.  That seems to have taken care this problem for me.  When I rotated the blade in the holder, it felt a bit gritty until I cleaned and lubed it.  Now it rotates smoothly and my cuts are closing almost 100%.

I was having the same problem and then I noticed that my carriage wasn't properly on track. Make sure the little white wheels are riding in the v grooves. If it isn't in track no matter how you adjust the offsets the things just won't close circles. To put it back on track push up on the carriage until the bottom wheels can be pushed in to slip into the groove. It shouldn't take a lot of force, so don't break anything...

Good luck