Sign in to follow this  
The Elvis Legacy

CM2 - NO ACTIVE DOCUMENT ERROR

I have been using Corel Draw X5 with the CM2 plug in to cut vinyl ever since I got started cutting vinyl (getting close to a year). Im running it on Vista and have had no problems until yesterday.  Everytime I try to open up the CM2 plug in, it comes up with a NO ACTIVE DOCUMENT error.  I have tried uninstalling CM2 and reinstalling but I have had no success.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any known solutions?

I just did a search of your problem, on the internet,  and several people have had it with several different ideas, to fix it. for Corel and Illustrator.   I used the keywords : Cutting Master 2 No Active Document error.   Put that in the Google search bar.  It will take you to other forums, with answers.  Sorry best I could come up with. 

I have this same problem, but it was because CorelDraw wasn't shut properly.

Try this:

Close both Corel and Cutting Master, then go to the task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Del) and look  in the Processes Tab and see if Corel isn't still running,  if so, End Process of Corel.

Then re-open Corel and Cutting Master and try again.

This works for me.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your responses.  Nothing worked for me.  I did try going in under another user name and I had access to corel and CM2 there.  I did have to reinstall the drivers for the cutter under that user name but after doing that, I am back up and running again.  Perhaps if I uninstalled and reinstalled corel on the user that I was having problems on, that might have worked...but...I CANT FIND MY DISK....aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! lol

On 9/11/2013 at 7:58 PM, ZerhioMX said:

I have this same problem, but it was because CorelDraw wasn't shut properly.

Try this:

Close both Corel and Cutting Master, then go to the task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Del) and look  in the Processes Tab and see if Corel isn't still running,  if so, End Process of Corel.

Then re-open Corel and Cutting Master and try again.

This works for me.

6 Years after the post this solved my issue !

• Like 3