WHIT72

Paying banner gig

So this is my first banner design, it still needs some work on the dancer and the name. I'm hoping it won't be that difficult to cut and apply, seeing as I haven't done one yet. I'm a little apprehensive but I'm excited to branch out into different areas of vinyl.

Any suggestions on the process or the design are appreciated.

post-43101-0-86950400-1378935854_thumb.p

Impressive.  Maybe take the scroll designs and separate them from the girls body so it defines her outline better?  Just a suggestion.  

Thanks El I will post it here when its finished.

LP I actually had to because I couldnt cut the dancer as one piece, the vinyl I have is only 20" wide.

The banner is 4x2, What do you guys generally charge for your two color banners? 

Thanks.

I cut each piece individually and I'm going to lay it out.

Registrations marks are a great idea, I have yet to use them on any project.

Looks really good. Alot of imagination

How come the space in the leg? I know you said you had to cut it in 2 pieces but why didnt you join them?

Regarding pricing on banners, I often use the pricing guide at this website -

http://www.halfpricebanners.com/banners     (they charge $12 for shipping, so I add that into my calculations)

This 2x4 banner would be $30. delivered to the consumer.

Online banner printers are direct competition, and you need to know it.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments.  I was going to join the leg pieces but I thought it looked better once cut.  I notified them and they agreed they liked it with the space also so we went with that.

Banner came out great and shows a lot of creativity.

Regarding pricing on banners, I often use the pricing guide at this website -

http://www.halfpricebanners.com/banners     (they charge $12 for shipping, so I add that into my calculations)

This 2x4 banner would be $30. delivered to the consumer.

Online banner printers are direct competition, and you need to know it.

On a 2x4 we're $40 but you can get it usually same or next day which adds value. I have a price comparison chart over my desk comparing our price with places like Sign-a-rama and a few others. If I'm not cheaper I still list the comparison and use that to show our honesty and remind them of the timeline we can work in.

• Like 3

Interesting banner, a little too busy for my taste though.

2'x4' banner printed in my shop will be $44.00 + tax.

In my area everyone start to buy printeres and sell cheap banners ( $2.5 sqft, $3 sqft) but there will be always someone who sells it cheaper and before we know , no one is making money.

Interesting banner, a little too busy for my taste though.

2'x4' banner printed in my shop will be $44.00 + tax.

In my area everyone start to buy printeres and sell cheap banners ( $2.5 sqft, $3 sqft) but there will be always someone who sells it cheaper and before we know , no one is making money.

The guys who sell it for $3 sq.ft. are making money, or else they wouldn't be doing it.

I can even order printed banners from eBay for $1.39 sq.ft. (including shipping)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Color-Custom-Banner-Best-Signs-Just-1-39-per-sq-ft-Free-Shipping-Vinyl-/141052142035

Adapt to the Internet or die.

Banner material itself is ultra cheap and a lot of rif raf shops are droping prices to thing like $1 per sq ft and still think they are making good money.

Good name brand 13 oz material with full coverage ink you have less then $0.40 into it (and way less for less coverage, at that saturation the ink costs more than the banner) for just materials.

But most shops stop looking there and do not look at things like overhead, power, employees, insurance, machine cost/maintenance, etc, etc. 

• Like 2

I get $5 sf for cut vinyl and most that come in would rather pay that than order a questionable quality print banner online. We do a fair amount of banners for that price even with all the ebay ads and online "wholesale to the public" listings.

I guess I pay too much for quality material, ink and maint . .  . I refuse to compromise on that.

• Like 1

Adapt to the Internet or die.

and with cutters selling so cheap now that everyone has one many shops are dying, because it is so cheap to make it yourself not calculating shop rent, electricity, etc.    heck cutters selling new for $250 and used for a little over $100 there is getting to be little need for the "sign shop" - add the big chains doing it for next to nothing and with market saturation it is going to be hard to pay for that cheap cutter in a couple of years.

Using cheap materials and aftermarket inks I am sure one could cut the cost of printing 13 oz 1000 x 1000 denier to less than $0.20 quite easily using imported material. 

Using cheap materials and aftermarket inks I am sure one could cut the cost of printing 13 oz 1000 x 1000 denier to less than $0.20 quite easily using imported material. 

not happening here - started with aftermarket inks on first printer and not going there again.  I'll pay more.

You get what you pay for. I don't do print but I could just as easily buy sub par vinyl to save a buck and choose to take the high ground.

• Like 1