Sign in to follow this  
knockonwood

I need help to turn a logo into Victor for my scalp

I got my first commercial job. My dad asked me to put a logo on on of his painters trucks. Both sides and the back. I need help turn the logo into a SVG file or a victor photo so I can use it with my scalp software. I will be using red and black vinyl. My dad has been using magnets from Vista print but they fade out fast and the shell the painter got for his truck is aluminum so the magnets will not stick and my dad needs something bigger than those small magnets to advertise his business. I am willing to pay if someone will help me turn the logo into a SVG file or a victor photo

post-37403-0-44830600-1378925158_thumb.j

post-37403-0-86884900-1378925164_thumb.j

post-37403-0-04233200-1378925977_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ok so I admit I don't get the whole zombie thing (except when my wife is on the cell phone) but here is the 

Victor for my scalp

second one in case I didn't understand correctly

post-2742-0-57330200-1378927772_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-14096100-1378928060_thumb.jp

• Like 8

subtle message at the next cheezehead game.  I seriously think he is on to something here

post-2742-0-61702900-1378929608_thumb.jp

This is what I do, in whatever design software you use separate the logo into layers, enlarge the layers at a decent dpi. Then transfer them into scalp and trace them individually. If it's simple text in your logo I just use the scalp text feature

My experience had been the larger the file the more true the trace is.

thanks smokeybeafan it works how much do I owe you?

Thanks is all i need. It took less than a minute to do it. Just watch youtube and read up on inkscape then you can make a vEctor file with ease.

I always find it strangely satisfying when painters want vinyl. 

House painters not sign writers ( sign painters ) it is a dying art sorta like neon bending. I painted thousands of gallons of paint in my years in construction but could not paint a good out house sign. I guess computers and plotters made sign writers out of people that never could have made a sign otherwise.

• Like 1

House painters not sign writers ( sign painters ) it is a dying art sorta like neon bending. I painted thousands of gallons of paint in my years in construction but could not paint a good out house sign. I guess computers and plotters made sign writers out of people that never could have made a sign otherwise.

yup they took a lot (not all) of the skill right out of it

I always find it strangely satisfying when painters want vinyl. 

My dad would like personalized T-shirts for his painters I have always wanted to try the heat transfer vinyls so today I bought some heat transfer vinyl and a heat press. He buys them from Vista print I think for $6 but he has to pay s & h His painters go through T-shirts very fast because they get paint on them so I am going to have a big repeat customer. I was looking online to buy T-shirts in bulk and the shipping was crazy. I found some cheep but thick White Fruit of the Loom T-shirts at target. I added up and the shirt and vinyl I use would be about $4 and I can sell them to my dad for $8 but I can personalize them with the painters name.

• Like 1

I brought my vinyl machine to make stencils for painting wooden signs like the one in the picture. I could never got them sold I have a bucket in the basement of about 50 different signs. I hate the clean up of paint and takes a long time sanding the wood down, waiting for the paint to dry, and having to put on two or three coats if the first coat is too thick you have to re-sanded it just drove me nuts sometimes. Plus spending all that money on good quality paint. Vinyl decals for cars and walls and millions of other applications is so much easier and faster and you can make more money at it. 

post-37403-0-65135700-1378946061_thumb.p

• Like 1

yup they took a lot (not all) of the skill right out of it

Yep you still got to be able to design and layout. But personaly I could not do a sign period if I had to paint it. The old timers had it in their mind or maybe skeched out on a piece of paper then mostly freehand or from a pounce pattern made in the shop. My neighbor was a old school sign writer, neon bender and lighted sigh builder he welded the frame covered with the skin and back painted the faces. He had a home made boom on a flat bed truck with a ladder mounted on it. I have to keep a dictionary on my desk for the signage I do as any body that has read my post can tell my spelling AINTthe best.

• Like 1

I brought my vinyl machine to make stencils for painting wooden signs like the one in the picture. I could never got them sold I have a bucket in the basement of about 50 different signs. I hate the clean up of paint and takes a long time sanding the wood down, waiting for the paint to dry, and having to put on two or three coats if the first coat is too thick you have to re-sanded it just drove me nuts sometimes. Plus spending all that money on good quality paint. Vinyl decals for cars and walls and millions of other applications is so much easier and faster and you can make more money at it. 

Looks nice like I said in the previous post you can also use a pounce wheel and pounce bag for sign layout. Ther is a couple softwares that has a pounce option.

. I have to keep a dictionary on my desk for the signage I do as any body that has read my post can tell my spelling AINTthe best.

I always thought the squiggly lines under the words add character.

I only know 1 sign painter personally and I have a lot of respect for what he can do with a little paint and a brush. On the other side he looks on in astonishment when i describe the process of vinyl.

My dad would like personalized T-shirts for his painters I have always wanted to try the heat transfer vinyls so today I bought some heat transfer vinyl and a heat press. He buys them from Vista print I think for $6 but he has to pay s & h His painters go through T-shirts very fast because they get paint on them so I am going to have a big repeat customer. I was looking online to buy T-shirts in bulk and the shipping was crazy. I found some cheep but thick White Fruit of the Loom T-shirts at target. I added up and the shirt and vinyl I use would be about $4 and I can sell them to my dad for $8 but I can personalize them with the painters name.

Where were you looking that S&H was crazy?  I order most of my shirts from www.jiffyshirts.com and I think I've always had free shipping - I usually order at least $50-75 worth of shirts at time, which probably has something to do with it...

• Like 2

I do not have the fine motor skills to freehand stuff I have to use a stencil. I was looking at http://www.shirtchamp.com that was one of the first one that popped up when I Google search T-shirt wholesale $30 worth a T-shirts and they wanted to charge me $20 for s & h how do you expect me to make a profit with those prices I will look at www.jiffyshirts.com thank you I am always afraid to buy T-shirts online I have no idea if they are thick or thin

6 oz. = thick 5.3 oz. = thin  Just a guide but the higher the weight the thicker they are. All I carry in the store are 6.1 oz. Heavyweight shirt and people love them and when I ask most people think the thinner shirts are lower quality which isn't true but people believe what they want.

I think thick and thin are the same quality. I and most people I know prefer the thicker T-shirts thank you Jay for the guide I never knew what the oz meant. The possibilities are endless with the vinyl cutting machines that's what I like about them. I will post a picture when I make my first T-shirt good thing I have a US cutter warehouse in the next state I get most of my stuff into 2-3 days I can't wait till my heat press gets here.