whmeade10

Joining Cursive Letters

I just started cutting tonight on my LaserPoint II with Cuts A Lot Pro and everything was going good until I cut some cursive font.  Is there a was to join the letters between "arie"?  The vinyl weeded ok but you can still see the cut marks between those letters.

post-67752-0-66877000-1378868255_thumb.j

Thanks,

Bill

Yes i had cut the same font not long ago and ran into that same issue. The weld option will fix all that. 

Thanks guys, the weld option worked great!  I just need to make sure that I have the program in 'Shw Outlines Only' so I can tell if letters need to be welded.

I love this!  I was struggling with the same issue on some graphics I layered and was about to give up!  This is so much more fun that I thought it would be!!

Ugh.  Just kidding.  This is not as fun as I thought.  I think I am missing something because the welding is not working for my project.  I have three shapes I am welding into one and if I click weld on all three it doesn't change the outline view to show the welding.  I see in the help tutorial on SCAL that it looks faded where the welding occurred when viewing outlines only and I cannot get to that point, no matter what combination of welding I select.  Any suggestions?

Click the preview button to see how it will cut.  Also, I think you may have to group it together and then click on the weld button.  If not, repost and I will check for you.  

Just double checked.  Yep, either have them already grouped and then click weld.  Or left click and drag to include all text, then weld.  Make sure you zoom in and check to see they all line up.