Sign in to follow this  
m0stdiehatin

Contour Cutting

TO KEEP IT REAL WITH YOU GUYS I BROUGHT THIS MACHINE TO DO TSHIRTS. "LASERPOINT II" . I DO ALOT OF TRANSFER PAPER WORK AND THE REASON I BROUGHT THIS MACHINE IS BECAUSE I THOUGHT I CAN STICK MY 11X 17 TRANSFER PAPERS AND CUT THE IMAGE EXACT BUT I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT .

DO I NEED SIGN CUT TO CONTOUR CUT MY OWN IMAGES OFF AN 11 X 17 TRANSFER PAPER?

I SEEN A FEW VIDEOS WHERE THEY SHOW I HAVE TO RE-PRINT THE IMAGE WITH MARKS ON THE CORNER ? IS THIS A MUST ?

WILLING TO PAY FOR HELP LOL PAYPAL SOMEONE HELP ME !

Those corner marks are registration marks so you can tell the cutter where the image is in simple terms. And you might want to call support as i hear they are pretty good at walking you through the process of contour cutting.

SO TO GET THIS RIGHT I CANT CONTOUR CUT UNLESS I PRINT REGISTRATION MARKS ON MY 11 X 17 TRANSFER PAPER?

I USE TRANSFER PAPERS THAT ARE FOR LASER PRINTERS SO I DONT PRINT IN MY HOUSE I GO ELSE WHERE LIKE STAPLES AND SUCH

Exactly. These marks are the only way to orient the cutter in relation to your transfer paper. And if using sure cuts you must print through sure cuts in order to get the appropriate reg. mark for it to read while cutting. Wait till you see how much design space you lose with the registration setup in sure cuts and I guarantee you will not be happy. BTW I have a LP2 and use it for contouring transfers so I know the frustration.

DAM JAYBIRD SO YOU TELLING ME ONLY WAY I CAN CONTOUR CUT IS BY BUYING A LASER PRINTER AND PRINTING THRU SURE CUTS ALOT PROGRAM ITSELF? I KNOW FOR SURE WHERE I GO GET PRINTS THEY DONT HAVE THIS PROGRAM !

I don't use a laser printer, I use an epson set up with bulk pigment ink but yeah I don't know of a way around it and I haven't found a way to save a file with reg. marks other than the native format of sure cuts that only sure cuts can open.

and to top it off it is a manual contour cut where you have to point it to the corners - not auto like the graphtec's or roland's

• Like 1

It works fine but takes more practice to learn the quirks. It is slower than automatic reg. systems but also cheaper, always a trade off. I've done hundreds of shirts with this setup and be forewarned it eats blades faster than cutting vinyl.

mostdiehatin:

You might try to save the design by printing/saving to a PDF file. I believe the reg marks will be saved but not able to check it out right now. If the PDF file shows the reg marks you should be able to take the PDF file to a laser printer, print it and back to the cutter for contour.. Print to PDF from SCALPro to see if the reg marks are saved in the PDF file.

Important note:

When printing to PDF, make sure resize to document is not checked or your dimensions will be off. Not checking resize to document will produce a custom PDF and should keep dimensions proper.

I have done this when designing magnetic car signs and larger decals for the customer.