tysan

Outlining font?

Is there a way to outline font ? Sorry I'm new and just learning! It's probably easy I hope! THANKS

Depends on what software you are using..In Signblazer you will click Manipulate then in the drop down menu click expand outline. There you will be able to adjust how thick of outline.

I have scalp pro also but i never use it. I just looked at it and i did not see anything to outline. I only use Signblazer sorry

Select your text, go to top menu named object, Towards the bottom is an option called shadow layer. That should do what you want. I have scalp to help other put am not that familiar with it myself since I design in Corel Draw.

• Like 1

Thanks Jay i found that option but was not sure if that was it. My signblazer is much easier for me......lol

Depends on what software you are using..In Signblazer you will click Manipulate then in the drop down menu click expand outline. There you will be able to adjust how thick of outline.

LOL this is the Scalp section of the forum  ;D 

Thanks Jay i found that option but was not sure if that was it. My signblazer is much easier for me......lol

My Corel is easier for me. To each their own I guess. I do have Signblazer installed for about the same reason as SCALP, to lend a hand when I can.

I'm sorry I should have mentioned its scalp pro !

Naa , usually posting a subject in the SCALPro section lets people know that :) . I have done the same thing as Joker before , but look at the stuff above the thread's title now ( USCutter Forum

) :)

BTW , I am a HUGE SB fan but I like the SCALPro outlining alot as it gives you the view right on that screens and I can experiement with multiple outlines/shawdows easier than SB ( offset and thickness ) . With SB , you have to redo alot while experiementing

Are you just looking to cut the outline only?  Or keep the font and do a border around the text ?

Damn i feel like a complete idiot. What i did was click on recent topics and never noticed it to be in scalp discussion.  Going to go put my head in a hole for now.

Damn i feel like a complete idiot. What i did was click on recent topics and never noticed it to be in scalp discussion.  Going to go put my head in a hole for now.

Naa , almost everybody has done that . I click " view new content " and only read what section it was posted in when it starts to matter in the thread ...and when new members multi post the same stuff in many sections :)

I figured out how to shadow but what I'm looking for is a thin outline around the font with a space in between , if that makes sense ?

Outline the outline you made to give you another layer. Probably an easier way but you'll find that many have given up on scalp for design work and went a different route, Signblazer and Inkscape are both free to download and offer way more along the lines of design tools.

• Like 1

I use it to run my second cutter and to contour cut shirt transfers but all my design is done in Corel.

In scalp to get what you want, you do like jay said and outline the outline. You can also do an inside "outline" if it fits your design idea.

• Like 1

Like Monkee said , make an outline the thickness of what you want the offset to be and weed that part .

If you are looking for an outline with a small space between the original letter you will have to do this twice to create a space to weed out between the two. IT will take you a while to get used to thinking outside the box but your brain will begin absorbing things and it will get easier. I think the guys are right about designing in another program. The design side of SCALP will work but is what we call Clunky and limited. I am sure there are some who have mastered the program and get by fine but most who get serious about this stuff end up with a better design program, then use SCALP to send it to the cutter. Or Flexi to do both but Flexi is a simplified way to say EXPENSIVE SIGN PROGRAM FOR THE INDEPENDENTLY WEALTHY. I think the lite intro version is comparable to some of the others in price but the full version is way out there. 

I played with SignBlazer and wasn't that impressed although there are several who swear by it. I personally use Adobe Illustrator and several others use Corel Draw which is cheaper and many say easier to learn. Inkscape is free and it's a fully functional vector program that for the price is outstanding.