Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this. For the short time I knew him on this forum he was a wonderful resource! This is truly sad news for the members of this forum.

I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends!  :-

i barely just met him through this forum, and i am sure he was instrumental somehow in the creation of the signblazer software. and truly a geat person to have known if even for such a short time. for those of us who don't know, can you tell us who he was and what he did? thanks in advance

with heartfelt condolences

bruce blessing

I'm sorry to hear this about Jerry. I thought of him as a friend. He has helped me often. We will all miss him.

Jerry was my friend.He was a brilliant inventor who was responsbile for many of the inovations in sign software today, many of which (as he told me) are being used in other software even though he invented them.

This has hit me like a ton of brick and I'm really not up to it now. I"ve been thinking of what I can say ever since I was told...but right now the words just don't come. I will post again tomorrow.

Jerry touched lives the lives of his family members and his extended family here on this forum. he will be missed and remembered every time we turn on our cutters. prayers to his family.  daniel t

Jerry and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers.  If there is anything the forum members can do PLEASE POST.  He was a great help to us all.

OMG..........This seems like a horrible dream.    Jerry was always so helpful, friendly, went the extra mile for anyone.  Even though I didn't know him 'in person', he was who I called a friend!!  My heart breaks just hearing this.  I had talked to him just prior to him taking a trip.  Jerry will be greatly missed.  :'(  May God bless him and his family.

Jenny

This is very sad  :'(

Not only because he was very helpful, but because he was a part of this family, a friend. It is always sad to say goodbye to friends and family.

:o

Jerry will be deeply missed, he was a wealth of information and always ready to share. My prayers go out for Jerry and his family.

What can I say about Jerry? He was much more than a tech guy who helped us all. He was an inventor,programmer,gardener,and a very nice,decent guy who would go out of his way to help someone. I have known Jerry to spend hours writing a driver for one person. As busy as he was,he would take time to answer any email he ever got. Try that with the owner/manager of Flexi or SignMax.

Jerry really loved what he did,and was constantly trying to improve on Signblazer. If a bug was found,he was on it RIGHT THEN.

Many of the other software developers in the sign business literally stole his ideas and his code. He mentioned to me some features in Flexi that he in fact invented,but didn't patent(he did hold patents to other things). Companies (Roland for one) refused to provide him with command codes to their machines so he could write proper drivers. But he kept on going,trying his best to make Signblazer truly the best available...which I think it is.

Jerry loved to garden. In Australia where he lived there were (and are) severe water restrictions but he babied his plants as best he could. That was how he was...everything he did,he gave his all.

I will miss him...we will all miss him (more than we realize ,now) He was an important part of this forum,and the sign industry in general. I am sure Bruce will carry on and there are other great tech people at Color Chrome( Mark,for one) who will step up to the plate....not to take his place,nobody could....but to try and fill the huge hole his passing  has left.

IN the grand scheme of things I am sure that there is a reason that Jerry was taken from us so soon. IN my case,that doesn't make it hurt any less. But he will be missed,and remembered...and his work will live on in what he created.

God Bless you,Jerry.. rest in peace.

I am honestly at a loss for words, and tear up anytime I try to think of something to write, so I will keep it short. I never met the man face to face, but spoke to him through countless emails on a weekly basis. This is a tragic loss of life, a life that was filled with passion for the industry, and compassion for all of those involved.

Rest in Peace my friend, you will be dearly missed.

Guest fivestar

My deepest sympathies goes out to his family. 

To Jerry's family and friends, My deepest sympathy.

I have only had contact with Jerry through emails, but he was always there to help in any way he could.  As others have said he was considered a friend by many. This forum, and many others will miss him deeply.

My prayers are with him and his family.

With Deep Sadness

John

I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends!

This is a great loss to the board and of course his family and friends. Thanks for everything you have done Jerry, RIP my friend.

To Jerry , a life done very well

It's tough to loose somebody as nice , kind & giving as Jerry . I will be missing him & as BannerJohn said , more than i know right now . BannerJohn has more in common with Jerry than the first letter in his name . BannerJohn also has the same nice , kind & giving personality with ALOT of knowledge . All the other guys at SignBlazer with Ken & BannerJohn plus the others on this board have the same great personality , so i won't loose as much as some . This forum is great as there has only been a few newbies that are jerks . Everybody else has the good friend attitude . i say thanks & cheers to Jerry & also thanks for the help everybody gives here .

Rodger

I just found out about Jerry's passing. I had been away from the posts while busily immersed in other projects. What a loss. He was a great guy and a great resource. Everyone at SB has been so kind and gracious with their help and input. Jerry will be missed immensely.

the forum seems to have died with him, its a ghost town over there.

bb