Sign in to follow this  
dancinggoattees

blade and housing

I just got my uscutter laserII and the blade is not loading properly.  All the instructions say there should be some blade hanging out of the bottom, enough to cut a stack of paper.  I can run it over my hand and there is nothing there.  The blade is going all the way inside the housing.  I am at a loss.

Cutting a stack of paper is not the proper way to adjust the blade, nor is half a credit card thickness. ,  You should just barely see the tip of the blade out of the blade holder.  You can adjust the blade by way of the blade holder.  It turns for adjustment of the blade.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 2

Yeah I cant even see my blade tip but setting it up like Mz. Skeeter said is how to do it. I tried the 1/2 credit card way back when I first got it and was WAY too much blade. But I found a video on youtube on it and adjusted from there.

Cut scrap piece of vinyl and made a circle with the blade holder in my hand and checked to see how deep it cut. As she said, you want to be able to cut through the vinyl and just imprint the backing paper. I know with it set right, I cant see my blade tip.

Then put holder back in machine and do a small test cut. Either test function on machine (not sure if laser has it) or just a small square or circle through cutting program. Then adjust pressure to get same result you had by hand. Another thing I had wrong in the beginning. Was using WAY too much pressure then needed.

Also recommend going with a higher end blade like the Clean Cut blade. Little more expensive but youll thank yourself in the long run.

the depth adjustment will change depending on the material you are cutting so getting to know how to adjust it is critical - skeeter hit it dead on - the end of the blade holder turns to adjust how much blade exposure you have - it is all layed out in the new-bie manual in the instructional contributions area of the forum - just do as skeeter said and ignore the 1/2 credit card thickness as that is 10 times too much blade exposure

I just got my uscutter laserII and the blade is not loading properly.  ...  I can run it over my hand and there is nothing there.  The blade is going all the way inside the housing.  I am at a loss.

There is a knurled ring that needs to be turned on the threads.