Sign in to follow this  
Guam_Guy

Cutting letters

Looking for some tips when it comes to cutting small letters.  My cutter seems to tear the lettering out.  Only happens with small fine print letters.  I have the cutter set at: pressure 140 speed 60.  I have tried cutting at slower speeds and with less pressure but still get the same results.  Only happens with small or fine detailed lettering.  I use Oracle 651 and brand new Roland Blades.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

check your blade depth.

Blade depth should be good, it cuts everything else perfectly.  Should I give it more blade or less?  I have about half a credit card depth right now.

Sounds like you have the depth of the blade right. I would try slowing the speed down as low as possible.

Sounds like you have the depth of the blade right. I would try slowing the speed down as low as possible.

Gonna try that out as soon as my vinyl gets here...LOL used up all the scraps trying to figure out the cutting issue. 

Slow the cut speed down, or maybe try a 60degree blade.

Will try that out ken, hey by the way never got a chance to thank you for all your help with the cutting strip.  Thanks!

Chris