Sign in to follow this  
Cal

A couple over the bar mirrors

Still practicing, but a couple mirrors I just completed.

If anyone has any tips for photoing mirrors, I would like to hear them.

Cal

post-47968-0-60182400-1378557938_thumb.j

post-47968-0-73222100-1378557949_thumb.j

Best tip I can give for taking photos of mirrors is to wear clothes.

• Like 5

I try to photograph a mirror thru the reflection of another mirror to produce the illusion of a portal to infinity. Then I'll spend what others might think of as far too much time focusing on the resultant image and daydreaming on any probability of that being undiscovered reality... or not.   

I like what you've done here with this project. But if that is the Union Jack, aren't the red diagonals supposed to terminate on the vertical side edge of the flag?

Thanks, fellas for the comments & tips.  I like 'em all...

edge, you made me doubt myself - even though I was using the pub's logo as my guide.  I am going to say that the flag is correct, only that this doesn't represent a "whole" Union Jack, but rather a cropped version for the logo.  That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it...

Cal

• Like 1

looks good - most of the time I have used the relection of a white ceiling for pics and make sure I am out of the shot - kinda like your second one 

Thanks Scott,

SeeJay, I used a craft acrylic paint I picked up at Michaels and brushed it on.  These solid colors were easy, the glitter paint I used on the sun visor mirrors was a little more problematic.  That stuff just kinda globbed on... Finished product looked killer though!

Cal

Looks good. Im guessing the flag is represented as "waving" in the original design.