yeah my set up is pretty much the same way with my domain hosting at go-daddy still and my web hosting is at host gator and i like host gator very much so far

If you want a good FREE Website shopping cart system, its FREE if you know how to set it up, or you can pay about $100 and have it setup/installed on your host server, go with OSCOMMERCE!!

I went to college for Computer/Web Programming, Web Development/Design, and Graphics. After looking for many cheap options for a pre-made shopping cart system, i found OsCommerce to be the BEST... They have an extensive network and great help Forums!!

Yes i could spend hours and hours, days and days programming my own shopping cart...but why? when there's already free ones out there!?

In fact, i now sell oscommerce sites to my customers! I offer a fully designed shopping cart website for $1500....I use Oscommerce, and design around it to fit the customer's needs, and add many items to their database and teach them to add and manage it themselves...

As for Go-Daddy, stay away from them.....they don't offer support for many different programming languages and databases. They are always dropping services and support and raising prices.

And Many places offer all in one providing hosting and domain name registration....so don't think GoDaddy is special just because they do.

I am with a company called HostNexus and their domain registration section is NexusDomains....two different names/sites, but still one company...

Also OsCommerce has a huge list of hosting providers that they recommend and you can have your oscommerce cart site up and running with those providers really fast!!

Most of these providers charge about $130 a year for hosting (about $10.83 a month)

hmmmm been with godaddy about 8 years with multiple sites, never had a price raise, or service drop. Always been great support for us. Used many different language platforms and never any issues so not sure why you have issues with them. And pay much less then what you quote for unlimited bandwidth.

I was with godaddy for 4 years...had my site and a few others in coldfusion...they raised the price up $2 three different times..and then i got an email saying they were no longer going to support coldfusion....i was pissed...i told them i have several sites designed in coldfusion and they just told me i would have to re-do them in a different language if i wanted to stay.

I went to Host Nexus and now pay less and have unlimited bandwidth and tons of storage and instant one-on-one support with their techs. I have about 8 different sites hosted thru them now...very happy.

absolutely opposite experience for us. We have everything with godaddy that you list for Host Nexus, always have for multiple sites.

I am still curious as to what rules GoDaddy would have that would cause you to transfer from them? What could you be doing that is against their rules that others allow?

godaddy has very strict rules about folder/directory permissions (read/write)...at least they did when i was with them...

i had many coldfusion coding applications that i wasn't allowed to use on their servers....because it violated their usage and permissions policies.

We have shared. But never had down times, limits or anything. We are unlimited. Havent used coldfusion but many others.

I use GoDaddy.. for many years now have about 5+ hosted sites on there and .. I like there customer support .. I have never had a problem!

godaddy has very strict rules about folder/directory permissions (read/write)...at least they did when i was with them...

i had many coldfusion coding applications that i wasn't allowed to use on their servers....because it violated their usage and permissions policies.

I had many to with out of date coding. Never once ran into a problem that could not be updated or coded correctly as everything for their permissions was for a security vulnerability. 

yeah my set up is pretty much the same way with my domain hosting at go-daddy still and my web hosting is at host gator and i like host gator very much so far

thats how I am. 

Trust us, u go try godaddy, after the first month or two, you will switch. 

besides i HATE there control panel.

Just to toss my 2 cents in. I am an old web guy we have used several of the big names over the years. The only one I use today is http://www.dreamhost.com/ .

Godaddy is more focused on taking your money now days then they are at providing a service. 

I started using Magento Go. I have experience with it so it may be a little harder/confusing if you never used the platform before.

Thanks Rodger,

Now if I ever get a web site I won't violate anything by putting it in my sig.  If I ever get a sig...

Cal

This much I can tell you.  While they don't allow them here, if you belong to another board that does, make sure you add to those(Especially if your really active there, your link will show retro on every post you ever made).  Every link on the web that points back to your site increases the SEO ranking of your site and gives you a higher ranking on the search engines.  Which is probably what happened here, someone went crazy or posted a link to someplace really messed up or joined only for that reason.  Unless you're paying someone lots o cash, it's hard to get your site high up on Google if someone were to type "vinyl signs" or some other keyword that would point to your site.

This much I can tell you.  While they don't allow them here, if you belong to another board that does, make sure you add to those(Especially if your really active there, your link will show retro on every post you ever made).  Every link on the web that points back to your site increases the SEO ranking of your site and gives you a higher ranking on the search engines.  Which is probably what happened here, someone went crazy or posted a link to someplace really messed up or joined only for that reason.  Unless you're paying someone lots o cash, it's hard to get your site high up on Google if someone were to type "vinyl signs" or some other keyword that would point to your site.

It was a situation where something happened within USC that effected a key USC member which was the face of USC on this board , the voice that answered the phone , handled all the problems and liked by everybody . He was replaced by someone who had problems with some members etc . That guy had an impossible job replacing who he did , no matter what !!!  Many members abandoned this ship and went to another forum . Some members that were less than subtle , put the other vinyl cutting forum in their signature line HERE ... many copied and the website rule was made . Everybody has gotten over it , but for awhile .. I thought I was having flashbacks of 6th grade . Some people went full dramatic and was really trying to stuff it in USC's face on their own forum . " Some people's children " :lol: . USC is the most lienant business I have ever come across .

• Like 1

I am not real savy on the web site stuff.  That is one reason I was looking at Go Daddy.... well, that and Danica.....  It appears that Go Daddy is kind of a all in one place.  The sell the name, they host they have site builder and the price didn't seem to bad but I have not really looked elsewhere.  

I hope more folks chime in with more info, so far, 2 responses and already good info.  Thanks

To me even Go Daddy is tech savy.   When it comes to adding shopping carts and stuff its over my head.

Surprised no one has mentioned http://www.hostgator.com I have been with them for almost 5 years now and only had to contact them once and it was for something I did anyways so was mostly my fault. They have awesome uptimes and the prices are pretty awesome for the features.

I myself have my domain names through domain.com and godaddy but use hostgator for my hosting/web server.