Sign in to follow this  
ulises3

never heard of this material please help

So I have a customer who would like to put vinyl on the door sills of his truck bur he says is there anything in vinyl that has some kind of sand paper texture I said I never heard of that before just wondering if someone knows the name of the vinyl and where to get it thanks in advanced

In the UK its known as "Textured Functional Film"

I use this quite often around the boot openings to prevent the paintwork getting scuffed from loading/unloading.

If this stuff is the same texture as this http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Facilities-Care-Cleaning-NA/commercial-cleaning/cleaning-supplies/~/3M-Safety-Walk-Slip-Resistant-General-Purpose-Tapes-and-Treads-610-Black-0-75-in-x-24-in-Tread-50-case?N=4294699826+6702276&&Nr=AND%28hrcy_id%3AGSBT72LF7Bgs_H244KZTF15_N2RL3FHWVK_GPD0K8BC31gv%29&rt=d > I've used this adhered to tongue depressors as DIY emery boards, which leads me to state I'd never consider cutting this with a plotter blade. Am I being overcautious? 

You wouldn't catch that stuff in my cutter and if cutting by hand cut from the backside or your blade will be dull in the first cut.

We cut it on machines where I work to install on floor panels. In our search for blades, we found a simple exacto blade works the best for the lowest cost.