donnaredd

Will refurbs work w/ my software-need to know b4 buying

I was 3 minutes from buying a new Silhouette Cameo when I saw the refurbished cutters that are listed on the USCutter site.  I need some honest opinions as to the best purchase to make for the money and for my area of interest.  I appreciate your experience and response.

My primary interest is cutting rhinestone templates from Sticky Flock material but from time to will also want to cut adhesive vinyl (both for car decals and shirt applications).

I have a Roland PC-60 that belonged to my brother that I have been unable to get to work with either of my laptops or my software programs; therefore, I am using the Silhouette SD.

I currently own:

Silhouette Portrait Cutter

Roland PC-60

Silhouette Studio (SD) Designer Software

WinPC 2012 Software

Flexi Pro 6 Software

Laptop (Running XP)

Laptop (Running 7)

Looking at the MH & SC smaller refurbs on site - they are within my price range.  Will either or both of them work with the current software I have.  I have only been able to design, import and cut on the Portrait out of SD.  I am playing with the WINPC software but my Portrait will not cut from it.  However, it is my understanding that WINPC will cut on the Cameo.  That has been the main reason I was wanting to upgrade.

I would much rather have the larger cutter for my price range - but need to make sure that I am able to continue to cut my templates on it with my current software.  Also are rhinestones available in the included software (SCAL)??

Thanks so much for anyone's input.  I want to make this purchase ASAP - but it needs to be the right one!

Donna Redd 

I think I would first download Signblazer on to the XP laptop and try running that Roland on it. before I bought.    Signblazer is FREE, cutting/design software.   try the all cutter version.  It is older software for older operating systems.    Make sure if you have a choice on the cutter that it is on Command HP-GL.  I don't know how the Rolands command works.  or if you have to change it for Roland software, and regular other software.      I would try it first.  Maybe it will work.  

Download in post CUT ME.    3rd down.   

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/20104-full-version-signblazer-download-all-cutters/page-1

The Flexipro 6 is too old,  and I know nothing on WinPc2012

UScutter sends Sure cuts a lot software with the cutters.