Sign in to follow this  
Sifor

MH-365 - Vinyl papers lift during cutting

Hi all ! i received my brand new Refine MH-365 cutter last week :D and... during all these days im made a lot of tests

i can cut easy form like star circle box etc... and combination of it

but when i arrive with bigger form like stencils the vinyl sheets lift and the cutting line arrive like 5 milimeters left or right side of the end point (depending of the patern) .

i tried with 2 sizes of vinyl and on each test i adjust the force and blade (speed 4 inch <- its good !?) and the result is the same.

Connection method LPT1

Software Signcut

Operating system Windows XP

Material ... vinyl

On the side question - (i try to make stencils for painting (airbrush) what kind of vinyl you think is better ? )

thanks for your time :o

Charles

Hi

By lift, do you mean that the vinyl kind of bunches up behind the cutter as it is fed out?

If so it could be the cutting blade set up. When the cutter is in the down position the blade housing should be just slightly above the vinyl. The blade

should then be turned out until it cuts through the vinyl but not the paper, about 1/2 a credit card thickness.

If this is ok then it may be speed / pressure.

hope this helps

Bill

im gonna take a picture of it today :o

so !

we can see the vinyl paper stuck behind the blade

196266_prob2.jpg

and the result is something like that ... the vinyl stuck only at the left part (look like a roller go faster then the other)

196267_prob1.jpg

Charles

Make sure the carriage is sitting ON the tracks and not in front of the tracks. The little black box that moves right to left is the carriage, and behind it, there are two little white wheels that need to sit on the tracks. Sometimes during shipping they pop off.

Paint Mask Vinyl is the material you are looking for to do your airbrush stencils.

yeah the carriage is sitting on th tracks

i need to know somethings

the static wire do a big difference !?

and

what happen if the cutting surface (where initially have a masking tape) is a little damaged !?

yeah the carriage is sitting on th tracks

i need to know somethings

the static wire do a big difference !?

and

what happen if the cutting surface (where initially have a masking tape) is a little damaged !?

You can remove the masking tape, but leave the clear tpae in place, which holds the cutting strips in place. Static could affect the carriage arms ability to lift and drop when it should, so please connect the ground wire to the bottom of the cutter and the stand.

Ok thanks im gonna try all this !

can i replace the clear tape when is damaged !? and if yes by what kind of tape ?

I have the same problem. I haven't had the model mh365 14 inch for only about 1 1/2 months. the clear plastic on top of the cutting strip was damaging when it was working. the white cutting strip was coming up on the left side. The lettering was not cutting evenly. disappointed. I only used it a few times. don't know what to do to fix it. any ideas? here is photo of the cutting strip

post-81887-0-04329600-1391386912_thumb.j

Do you have the blade holder in the rear position? Did you try cutting with less pressure? Are you leaving just a very faint mark on the backing paper? I still use my 365 that I learned on for mobile cutting and use 50-60gms of pressure.

• Like 1

The clear tape on top of the cutting strip is to be removed before cutting,  It is only there for shipping purposes. 

Put some double stick tape on your cutting strip, and tape it back down. 

Set your blade like this:

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

I wouldn't use double sided tape.   It'll cause the cutting strip to stick up too much.  

Mine was doing the same thing.  I put alittle dab of super glue and holder it down for 2 minutes and it's been perfect ever since.  

• Like 2

TheKid said...
The problems you've described is not unique to your machine. I had the same problem or similar. One of the US Cutter techs told me about the clear tape must be removed from the teflon strip. Your teflon strip comming loose just like mine. I took an Xacto knife and trimmed it in the corner which allowed it to adhere better. Also the cutting blade holder must be seated all the way down in the holder or the desired pressure will be different. snug it down but don't overtighten or you could break the holder on the stepper motor enclosure mounting point. Lastly. in one of the pictures I'm posting shows a nylon wheel that travels down a rail as the cutter traces the pattern. Last night I was looking the machine over and first. Noticed trash in the knife tip hole.

If you press the blunt end of the blade holder it releases the blade similar to the way a dremel holds a drill bit with compression fingers around the knife shaft.

Getting back to the nylon wheel that travels down the track as it cuts. I was pushing the stepper motor enclosure slowly back and forth down that track and at one point it felt like it was hitting something. That explained why I was not cutting cleanly. I took an LED flashlight and shined down the track and saw something there.

I took my Xacto knife and cleaned out a sliver of something plastic. Once I removed that the cutter rolled smoothly back and forth with no resistance. I readjusted the blade and did some very nice test pieces and it weeded very easily. I hope this helps. I'm new here and new to vinyl cutting. I don't mind sharing what I've learned from my mistakes.

BTW no where does it say to remove that clear plastic in the setup manual.

Also tightly rolled stored vinyl can create problems causing the vinyl to catch as it progressed out of the machine due to curvature in the vinyl. Good luck. -kid

===========================================================

Hi all ! i received my brand new Refine MH-365 cutter last week biggrin.gif and... during all these days im made a lot of tests

i can cut easy form like star circle box etc... and combination of it

but when i arrive with bigger form like stencils the vinyl sheets lift and the cutting line arrive like 5 milimeters left or right side of the end point (depending of the patern) .

i tried with 2 sizes of vinyl and on each test i adjust the force and blade (speed 4 inch <- its good !?) and the result is the same.

Connection method LPT1

Software Signcut

Operating system Windows XP

Material ... vinyl

On the side question - (i try to make stencils for painting (airbrush) what kind of vinyl you think is better ? )

thanks for your time ohmy.gif

Charles

post-84570-0-55535500-1391476960_thumb.j

post-84570-0-69911700-1391476961_thumb.j

post-84570-0-49112500-1391476962_thumb.j

Thank you for all your help - I have it work great again thanks to your help.... I tried the super glue idea - it did not work out for me. (mabe the glue was old) then I went out and bought thin double sided tape. cut it to width of cutting strip and put under the strip in the area that was not holding down after removing old tape. worked great. I 'm a happy camper now. back to making ebay items.