RHConcepts

Im still looking for a heat press (ebay ?)

That looks pretty good for a starter press. Just know that you are taking a risk with any of the lower budget machines but that goes for ALL of the budget models. I like that the model you linked to has a center point that will allow the upper platen to level itself on different thicknesses of garments. The solid mount style of cheap presses squeeze uneven especially on hoodies. Much like cutters I always recommend getting the best you can afford but you have to start somewhere and it is always good to have a back-up press later anyway. I would grab a decent IR thermometer gun to check the temperature. Cheap presses are notoriously off by a lot sometimes and that will mess up your experience.

On 8/28/2013 at 3:52 AM, TT57 said:

I do hobby stuff and agree that a 15 x 15 is the way to go. I got mine from Amazon but looks just like the one Dakota posted

Hi I'm thinking on buying a Knight DC16 heat press any suggestions

Debbie, you seem to be wanting a garment design & production studio.

What kind of physical space are you working in? Can you accommodate a table that's 4'x 8' large? Is the space air-conditioned? At home or in a 'Main street" storefront? Will there be clients coming over to sit with you together as you formulate their work? How's your level of experience with vector design software? How many Tshirts/hoodies a day are you planning on making? Do you also want to do hats? How about colors? Full-color process or single color designs?

Let's try and narrow down those answers and go from there.

(And do you have a specific total cost in mind that you're willing to invest on this venture?)

Knight presses are good quality. What is your cutter budget? Have you any experience with design programs? You will have to consider what you're going to do design work on. Vector designs are what you will need for your cutter. There are several offerings from free to very expensive. Cutters are also widely spread on price and quality. We tend to stick to the concept of buy the best cutter that you can afford and the other peripheral stuff can be bought as you go. Bless you for at least doing some research BEFORE you jump in so you have a better chance of making a smart choice.