RHConcepts

Im still looking for a heat press (ebay ?)

I have been putting this off for a long time because im to cheap to buy a 300.00 press. I wont be using it alot but want one that could do maybe 50 shirts a mo if things pick up. So could someone please tell me what would be wrong with something like this one HEAT PRESS

I was going to try using a iron at first but wasn't sure if that would be a waste of vinyl.

So in the end im looking for your input and feedback on the 150.00 presses off of ebay.

Thanks again folks,

Rick H

12x9 is aweful small and I would be worried about the heat being even across the platen - step it up just a little to this  - works great for a starter and has over the center pressure adjustment like the big boys  http://sunie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

T
he reason you get a press is for even heat and even pressure 

I started with the sunie until I could find a hotronix used locally

I do hobby stuff and agree that a 15 x 15 is the way to go. I got mine from Amazon but looks just like the one Dakota posted

The ebay 1 you linked to is the same as what I use EXCEPT that size is way too small, think 15X15 or larger if you have the space. Anything smaller than 15X15 you might as well stick with the iron until you put away a little more money. 

15" x 15" for sure. I bought the swing away from US Cutter and was really surprised at how quickly it paid for itself. WAY more of that kind of work waiting for you than you think. I don't even have to go looking for the work once people in my area figured out I did it I get phone calls all the time then they tell people about me and it spreads. There is a lot more of a nitch for customized apparel than I had any clue was out there. Good profit margin too and I am several dollars a shirt under the local shop who gouges everyone and just drives people to me. LOL its awesome!

• Like 1

As with many things, bigger is definitely better with heat presses.

The bigger the press, the bigger the designs you'll be able to do and the less likely you'll end up with a 9"x12" rectangular impression in the center of your shirt when you're done pressing it...

Learn from our mistakes - don't buy a cheap quality, too small tool and expect to make enough to upgrade later - you'll be unhappy with your first purchase and you may stop using it before you ever earn enough to upgrade.

• Like 2

12x9 is aweful small and I would be worried about the heat being even across the platen - step it up just a little to this  - works great for a starter and has over the center pressure adjustment like the big boys  http://sunie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

T

he reason you get a press is for even heat and even pressure 

I started with the sunie until I could find a hotronix used locally

Did you order from this company>? I am thinking of Buying this Press..

ordered direct - used it for over a year and sold on cl for not much less than I paid for it - it was a great starter press,  I did have a problem about 111 months in I found the last digit on the timer was messed up when I started doing sublimation at the longer times - sunie sent the replacement part and had it in 2 days -

• Like 1

Wow thanks for the info :) And thanks for the link dakotagrafx Im going to look into that one more, and I like the price its not bad. When I got my cutter I thought the same thing, don't go cheap. I didn't buy the best but what I got was the Copam and so far its been great.

If I just wanted to try making one shirt to see how it feels could I use a iron? if so how do you do it? Still not sure if I want to go down that road just yet lol 

try the iron but remember it may not adhere properly or for as long - many people have done it but when the customers start bringing stuff back to redo it just isn't worth it  - but to try yourself give it a go what do you have to lose except a shirt and some HPM

no problem - I know it made a great starter press for me and the heat was pretty even, pressure great and the price was the best. It handled the t- shirts and sublimation great   I would have kept it for a spare but after you have a hotronix you don't need a spare . kinda like keeping a backup for a graphtec or roland - what's the point as failures are almost non existent.

• Like 1

I Ordered it today... 265- Shipped.. Cant Find A Better Price ONLINE... Thanks Dakota

I bought the same one 3 months ago and have been very happy with it.

• Like 1

They sell this one for 215- or the "Pro Version": for 265.. so MNDECALS you could get this one (standard) for 215.. free shipping... hard to beat, considering its 60 Pounds..

always look for the over the center pressure adjustment for even constant pressure

• Like 1

That is the One I Purchased.. I am looking forward to it.. all my shirts for the last 2 years, have been Endura-Tex, and a Iron.. Time Consuming! and, a little more $$$ then Siser supplies.. Again, Thanks for the Heads Up.. It will be here Wednesday.

• Like 1

Please let me know how it goes for you. I have some vinyl coming this week and I'm still looking for a press. I was hoping I could find a used one on craigslist and I even got a inferred thermometer to check them out and make sure they heat well. But no luck even finding one listed lol.  

• Like 1

arrived.. well packaged.. unfortunately FedEx was less then Gentle with this.. It does work amazing though.. It works so much better then using a Iron, and Enduratex.. I am Thankful Dakota posted this link.. Well Worth The Investment..

• Like 1

Just an update.. Here is a Logo I Made for a friend of mine.. And this was the first time using multiple color with Shirt Materiel.. This press handled the job with Ease.. this machine is a beast.. Thanks again Dakota..

post-37959-0-62234200-1378669982_thumb.j

post-37959-0-26797600-1378670115_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looks great Wil and mine will be here tomorrow Dakota. Ill do a post on it with some pics when it gets here. I tried to use a iron and it did work but a fews spots the letters started to lift. Thanks for info Dakota.

• Like 2

How did it Arrive.. Mine was Dented, but it was Fed Ex's fault.. Still works like a champ!

It was dented in the back but I took the back/top off and checked the inside and it was fine. The box looked ok so not sure how it happened. And it was shipped by fedex. Here is my first one for my car audio group. 

Thanks again Dakota, so far this thing is great for what I wanted to do.

mnbassshirt_zps56dc6ce9.jpg

• Like 2