Hi everyone. I want to get into the Wall Sticker business and have been doing some research for the past week. I have come across a few different types of Stickers and the one that seems most appropriate for my target market is one that has 3 layers. One the backing Wax paper, second the Sticker itself, and third the transparent removable top layer. 

This is my first post and I will try to post a link to a Youtube video that shows the product we'd like to sell. If anyone knows how we can make these Stickers on a small scale I would really appreciate your advise. I'm thinking about investing in a Plotter/Cutter machine, such as the Roland GX-24 Vinyl Cutter. Although I don't see how I can make the Sticker I want to make with this Machine yet.

Here's the link to the video where they show the Wall Stickers that we'd like to produce being applied to a wall:

Thanks for your input,

Mike

Welcome..    Sorry, but I just hate the word" sticker" in this business   LOL   Sounds cheap.   A sticker to me, is like a little star that you got in grade school. etc. Peel and stick.  Vinyl graphics, decals, wall art, etc have much more appeal.

Here is a place that sells some nice designs,for the home, walls, etc, or if you are talented, create your own designs.

http://www.myvinyldesigner.com/

The Roland would do a great job , but personally I'm more partial to the Graphtec,  more bang for your buck,  Stand is extra with a Roland,  comes standard with a Graphtec, and you will want a stand.

And a Graphtec is great for fine detailed designs.   

Hello and Welcome.  Well the Roland GX-24 Cutter is very capable cutter.  Why don't you see how it can be done with this machine? 

Welcome..    Sorry, but I just hate the word" sticker" in this business   LOL   Sounds cheap.   A sticker to me, is like a little star that you got in grade school. etc. Peel and stick.  Vinyl graphics, decals, wall art, etc have much more appeal.

MZ, point well taken. I like your terminology much better.And thanks for the link.

But I still have no clue about how to cut the 3 layered 'Wall Art'

Any help would be great.

Mike

Your welcome....Most any cutting /design software will cut by color, It all depends on your design and cutting software.  You have to learn your software and vinyl cutter first.      The designs are layered with registration marks to give the effect you are seeing.  Some of those leaves may just be randomly applied.  I did not watch the video.   Take some graphic designer classes local if you can. Or an entry level job at a sign shop..   Unless you go to some high end vinyl cutter dealer, no one is going to teach you how to use software or a vinyl cutter.  It is pretty much a self taught project.   There is plenty of info in this forum and on line for that.  It is your job to search it out, and check out different tutorials for the software and vinyl cutter you will be using. 

There are many videos out there on the subject. on youtube.com Here is  one. of many.  

MZ, point well taken. I like your terminology much better.And thanks for the link.

But I still have no clue about how to cut the 3 layered 'Wall Art'

Any help would be great.

Mike

better yet will be to learn to create it - cutting will be easy

the vinyl wall art is cut in sections. When you have the graphic on your computer screen, and lets say its4ft wide. x 6ft long, and several different colors ( red, yellow and brown) and you have brown vinyl on your cutter, you will select the color you want your cutter to cut in this case brown. you have already set your vinyl size, lets say you have a roll of brown vinyl thats 15' wide X 60 ft long. the cutter will cut all the brown vinyl even if the graphic is wider than your vinyl, it will cut it into sections. You just have to know which piece goes where...lol. once all your brown is cut change out the vinyl to one of the other colors say yellow and tell the cutter to cut all the yellow.it really isnt hard to understand but i think the first step is for you get a cutter and some vinyl and start small. Make sure you buy the correct type of vinyl, not all vinyl can go on walls without destroying the wall once you take it down. and also the application tape! Have fun most of all, its very addicting!

Renee