CarterMarkham

I need help vectorizing...

something someone drew by hand. I am having trouble doing it, I'm not so great at it. Can anyone help me here? Much appreciated!

post-27037-0-24180500-1377524034_thumb.j

is it seriously supposed to look like just a bunch of squiggly lines?

All I know is its supposed to be an outline of a car. Can anyone help or not?

did you look at post 7 or not

did you look at post 7 or not

I looked and like an old man used to tell me "You can't get chicken soup from chicken SH&* " but yours looks true to the original design. Just needs a different designer.

• Like 1

I think your best best is going to be to do it manually. A good bit of work but it can be done. Other option would be to try editing the image in something like photoshop and get a good contrast between the lines and the background, then run it through a trace program like inkscape.

That's tough sometimes to know what to do. I did some shirts for a gal a while back and she drew what she was wanting on them on a piece of paper. I scanned it in and traced it out and gave her a proof that looked almost exactly like her drawing with a little cleaning up and she started laughing. She said "That's exactly like what I drew" I'm like "Yep". She says "Maybe I better spend a little more time on it" and she re-drew a nice clean looking design that definitely looked better and we went with that one. The point is there was no way I could have ever gotten from point A to point B since she had something specific in her mind. Not a good mind reader I guess. Thank goodness her shirts were transfers rather than vinyl because it was all scrolling letters and weird intersecting lines with little frilly ends and stuff. 

• Like 1

All I know is its supposed to be an outline of a car. Can anyone help or not?

Everybody did help you ( well maybe not post #5 :) ) . You got everybodies experience . Might not be what you wanted . Requests get much more help when the member asking tries / Sure Cuts A Lot is not free , but VERY easy to vertorize ( they call it Trace ) . So E-Z a caveman or Bear can do it ... :lol:  :bear:  :angel: 

Everybody did help you ( well maybe not post #5 :) ) . You got everybodies experience . Might not be what you wanted . Requests get much more help when the member asking tries / Sure Cuts A Lot is not free , but VERY easy to vertorize ( they call it Trace ) . So E-Z a caveman or Bear can do it ... :lol:  :bear:  :angel: 

lol my post was referencing turning his image into a vector that looked like the car. I didnt think he would want a vector of a bunch of squiggly lines, but maybe i was wrong

• Like 3

heck I took him at his word that he wanted "that" cutable -not cleaned into whatever it is supposed to be - that might offend the original artist (when he puts down his crayons and sippy cup)

• Like 2