gcextreme

New to Inkscape...got a question

I have been using signblazer, but now i want to try to use inkscape....

How can i send it to my cutter (graphtec ce5000-60)?

When i click the Print, the cutter icon shows up, and then the cutter powers up like its going to start...but then gets an error...

Really??? i have googled it and i seems you should be able to.... i found a tutorial, but for some reason it has a different menu then mine has.

It is only used with a Plugin for some cutters.   SCALP has a plugin for inkscape.  It is not cutting software. There are no drivers in it.

Heres an old thread....

BannerJohn and another member said it was possible.....

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/27464-graphtec-ce-5000-60-on-the-way-who-uses-sign-balzer-or-what-do-you-use/

In that thread it also mentions moving the project from inkscape to cut using the Cutting Master 2 program software...i cant figure out how that works either...

Cutting Master2 is the cutting software, NOT inkscape.   All they are doing is saving a file and importing it into CuttingMaster. 2

You have to install the plugin from Graphtec to use Cutting Master or 3.

Yea i saved my inkscape job as an .eps and tried opening it with cutting master and it didnt do anything..

I can use illustrator with Cutting Master2, BUT I always use Flexistarter for all of my cutting.  just easier.

Is flexistarter free?? Probably not..lol.

Tomorrow i will try illustrator with the cutting master...

I know this will ruffle some feathers but out of all the programs I have cut with signblazer was the worst for problems. I have used signgo lite, signcut, signblazer, scalp, flexi starter and various trial plugins for corel but out of all of these the $295 I paid for Signblazer Elements did the worst cuts especially for what it cost. As far as design goes I think I'll stick with Corel now that I have this much time in learning it.

I have a sourse on ve-lxi - flexi in various forms - will not list on this forum though

Apprentice - $199.00
Expert - $299.00
Master - $399.00
Master Plus - $499.00

apprentice is flexi starter for the most part and master plus is flexisign pro without the rip for big printers - best price I have found on the flexi - works great with the graphtec

some of the cutters it works with is Roland, Graphtec, redsail, p-cut, mimika, mutoh, ioline, kingcut, allen datagraph, anagraph, gcc, summa, ve-vinyl express.

Ive been using SignBlazer with no issues..other than i cant do curved text....make text follow a curve or a lined path....and i have a fee customer requests now that involves that.

Tried that..it says that function is not available..unless i have the wrong old version...

Ive been using SignBlazer with no issues..other than i cant do curved text....make text follow a curve or a lined path....and i have a fee customer requests now that involves that.

You can do that in inkscape.org and it is FREE

Yeah skeeter..i know i can do that in Inkscape...but i cant CUT in Inkscape...my original post for this thread..

When i make it in inkscape and import it into another program its goofed up..m

well maybe show us what you mean by goofed up and we can help you with the goof up...  Many people design in inkscape and import into their cutting software.    Matter of fact, I just sent this video to a friend yesterday. 

The two ways I do it is from Inkscape save as eps and import to signblazer, or in inkscape to a select all and copy then paste into signblazer. If you're dealing with text and fonts you might need to convert the text to paths prior to importing to signblazer. It also helps to look at your inkscape drawing in line mode.

I have a circular Peace symbol..and around the outter ring of the circle i have words..and when i import it into signblazer...the letters get goofed up.. like the "A"s the inner part is missing...its all solid...same with the letter "P"...

Try the Flexi I let you borrow before you buy it, The interface will be the same for the newest version. Once you try it you will def. want to go that route. It will be much better than anything else out there, And by the way I will be needing that back about the end of the year, I am remodeling and moving one printer to another bay in the shop and would like that one to run it separately from my current rip station. 

Yeah...i havent even installed it..lol...its sitting behind my desktop pc monitor....and ive been using the laptop in the other room i have setup for cutting..signblazer has been fine..just cant do the text to follow path/arc...

I'm sure i will like it and it will work...but then when i want to buy it it will be way too expensive for me..

Right now im averaging $150-200 a month in sales....and i just invested in a heat press, shirts, and heat trfr vinyl...

Most of my sales have been thru online friends and forums..

Requests keep coming in...$10-20 sales here and there..

I did a rear window decal "Caught Ya Lookin" in siver 4"x36" for $30..it paid for the vinyl roll..lol.

Not sure of the term in inkscape but something like convert to path or convert to curve. I design in corel and send to flexi and if I don't convert text it tends to do all kinds of funny things.

I do all my work in inkscape and use signblazer to do my cuts, It has worked for well over a year. Save in eps and open the file in signblazer. Its really that easy.

You can cut with inkscape(so Ive read) but you have to be using linux as your OS.