Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

Banner

Just looking for a little in put here. For those of you that do a lot of banners would you consider this normal wear and tear for a banner that's been on a chain link fence for 3 baseball and football seasons. Just curious since I have no benchmark to compare it to.

photobucket-10138-1377268307591_zps0e5c6

I think you would be luck to get three seasons from a banner hanging on a chain link fence. It's getting sun and wind from all sides.

• Like 1

Jay a lot depends on the weight, how it is attached and exposure to the elements. Being on a fence it probably gets a lot of movement. I have a couple on walls 6 or seven years old they were pulled very tight and screwed through the gromets with fender washers so almost no movement.

I was thinking that this was very realistic considering the location and the fact that they zip tied them so there was no tension on them. This one went up in 2010 and they do come down in the off season but I had 2 other 1's I repaired a few of the grommets on with additional banner sewn on for reinforcement  before re-grommeting. These were for a booster club with sponsor info on the other side and I give them a pretty good deal since the proceeds pay for uniforms, travel, etc.

3 seasons of the worst weather for banners. That's about what I would expect. Maybe suggest that they go with coroplast.Cost would be about the same and should last a lot longer.

They had mdo signs before until they rotted beyond any use. The only problem I'm having is trying to explain if they start to change them out on a rotation they won't get stuck doing them all in 1 year like when I took over doing them. I guess that is their problem, not mine but I hate to see them get jammed up next year since there are at least 20 going up right now for the 4th season.