JasonF

Very Disappointed With USCutter

Get a RMA number, send it back, then go buy something better, problem solved. Trying to save money by buying inferior equipment when trying to go into business will only cost you a lot more than you saved. 

• Like 4

Get a RMA number, send it back, then go buy something better, problem solved. Trying to save money by buying inferior equipment when trying to go into business will only cost you a lot more than you saved. 

This sounds like the best course of action.......get yourself a Roland, and NEVER look back!

This sounds like the best course of action.......get yourself a Roland, and NEVER look back!

Well the copam is fine for what I need. I also have experience with that machine so I wanted to stick with what I know for now. Plus the Roland or graphtec in the same size is more than I can afford. Maybe one day I can upgrade to one of those.

I don't know if those terms are for ebay only products, but that clause is no where on the USCutter website, unless I am missing it.  

I understand I do not have proof that the machine was not working when it left USCutter.  I probably should not have made that claim.  

All I am saying is that a machine that arrives dead should be handled differently than a machine that has problems after some time.  I completely understand not shipping these machines back and forth every time something goes wrong.  It is much more cost effective to send just the part.  If this machine worked great for a few months, and then suddenly the power supply went bad, I would have no problem with USCutter sending me a new part, and changing it myself.

But when an item is purchased that is supposed to be in full working condition, that will be the expectation.  If the item arrives dead the company should do what is necessary to fix the problem.

If you purchased a brand new car and had it delivered to your door, and suddenly it wouldn't start when you received it, would you be happy if the dealer sent you the part and told you to fix it yourself?  Or would you want them to take the car back, fix it, and provide you with what you paid for?

I understand this policy is stated on the website, but in my opinion this is not a fair way to handle things.  I just believe that a warranty claim (a product that went bad after some time), and a dead on arrival product should be handled differently.

I think most people feel the same way and expect a doa item to be replaced, but that is not the long standing way usc has done it - right or wrong.  I am glad in your case this was handled and you got a working unit to your satisfaction. In almost every case I have bought refurbed computers or other products they have acted and in 90 percent of the cases they have looked new.   the copam was the first really decent cutter I bought - when doing smaller items wasn't such a pain and was very precise almost all the time so it is a great machine for you to get going and make money with.  if you are still doing it in a year or so jjust put a little back from each job and watch cl for a graphtec or roland - they come around quite often but in the mean time you have a machine that will serve you well.

I know I bought refurbished, but it was stated that this same policy applies to new machines as well.  So that was where my point came from.  

And yes I would have felt the same way about the policy even if my machine arrived perfect.  I would still not think it's a fair policy.  But that is just my opinion.  If someone is happy fixing a product they just purchased, then I applaud them.  I do not share that thought, however.  

And if you are happy there is no reason to keep rehashing it and debating the policy - it was replaced and you are happy, some just like to keep the pot stirred. You can either continue as a happy customer from this poit forward , be insulted that you are not entitled to your opinion and the ability to express it on this site or leave an many great people did that never looked back when told they didn't have that right,  USC has even created a criticism are on the forum for members to vent and it has kept a lot of customer that otherwise felt the only course they had was to Kiss A$$.  Usually when problems are resolved and the person has vented they are kept as a customer.  I've bought $1400 in supplies in this year from them - That would have been spent elsewhere if I felt I wasn't a valued customer
  • Like 2