phlint

Please help - I need a cuttable pepsi logo to use as a stencil

Hey everyone.  I'm a long time prodigal lurker and generally just a vinyl cutting hobbyist.  I LOVE this site and the support it offers, but regrettably - I'm almost never in a position to help someone as my software and skills are both mediocre at best.

Anyway, If you could please be so kind as to help me out with this - it would make a LOT of people very happy.  My uncle just retired from delivering Pepsi for over FORTY years.  He bought a camper in a seasonal park next to my in-laws where there is a golf course. He also bought his own cart.

This is Tuesday. This afternoon, I just got asked by my inlaws if I could "Pepsi-ize" his cart before his retirement party on Saturday afternoon if they bought the paint. Before 6pm, I had the paint delivered, the cart stolen and replaced with a clone, and an air compressor borrowed - and I had it all torn down before dark.  Tomorrow is "scuff/tape/shoot it blue" day. Thursday is for the custom airbrushing including the water droplets effect on the pepsi globe. Friday is for clearcoating, and Saturday morning is reassemly and delivery by afternoon.

Anyway - as you can tell - I'm seriously under the gun. I need cuttable pepsi logos with the corresponding pepsi font to use as a stencil so that I can airbrush it onto the hood and sides of his cart.

Here are the ones I'd like to try to use:

http://www.3dwallz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/31/basketball-funny-sayings.jpg

(that one was bigger than I wanted to share here)

pepsi.jpg

Pepsi1.gif

I get that I can probably expect someone to jump on their soapbox about copyrights, infringemints, and "blah blah blah" to save me from myself, and I honestly do appreciate that, but I assure you that not only am I getting ZERO financial compensation for this 11th hour thrash, but I'm also a die hard Coke drinker who has no interest in Pepsimobilia beyond this one single gift of my time and talents to a pepsi man of 40+ years. IF they ever did find out and were upset - they'd forgive me even quicker. :)

That said, If I'm asking too much and don't realize it - can someone please at least help me locate THAT pepsi font - with that little "gotcha" at the upper left of every letter but the S? I get that it's not the newest logo or font, but as an artist - I think it's the sexyist recent one and the current lowercase, thin lined one is too wimpy. Realistically, if I have that font - I can make a circle and fake a wavy line to get by - but that will cost me time that I'm not sure I have and I'd rather have my artwork TRUE for my uncle, and not a "believable lie".

I'm just using the free signblazer cutting software that came with my 721 cutter - and I've already tried to  work what little magic I have on these - and my grade was an F.

If it helps - my email is flameology@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and God bless.

John

Brands of the world is where I already got a couple of them from, but I either couldn't get them to appear when I imported them into SB - or I couldn't separate the linework. Thank you though.

That font is close, but it's not the right one. It's missing that tang at the upper left of the letters. Good to have backup if I have to fake it though. Thank you too.

AWESOME.

I was on my 3rd page of googlenet resuslts of "pepsi font" keyword search. I really appreciate it.

Not that it's any help to you on this particular project ---  but SignBlazer actually has the 1987 Pepsi design right there in the DRAW/ Library/ Logos.

The Pepsi font was somewhat different in 1973–1987, and is being used on the "Throwback" product today.

The design you're working with above is from 2005 and today's Pepsi logo is something else altogether.

pepsi_logo.jpg

AWESOME.

I was on my 3rd page of googlenet resuslts of "pepsi font" keyword search. I really appreciate it.

:thumbsup:

Pepsi paid some outrageous price for that new logo, up in the millions. Crazy!!

They may be pretty protective of it.