fireartist85

Graphtec CE5000-60 cutting jagged lines

I am getting a used graphtec CE-5000-60 from my boss.  We run an automotive airbrushing shop and use the cutter primarily for cutting paint mask vinyl.  The plotter is about 6 years old now and up until the last two weeks has been working flawlessly.  One day he went to cut some stuff, and no matter what he does the lines come out jagged.  We have never had a problem until now.  He purchased a new graphtec 6000 figuring that the cutter is old and now is a good time to upgrade and he is giving me the old cutter.  Now I need to figure out what is going on.  Does anyone have a clue what would make the cutter suddenly start cutting jagged lines?  We tried replacing the blade with a new one with no change in the line.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What does it do with the pen installed?  Still jagged?    Have you made sure there are not bits of vinyl in the blade holder?  Try a drop or 2 of thin oil in blade holder, to make sure the blade is spinning freely.

Have you tried setting it back to factory default?

• Like 1

We have not tried with the pen holder. To be honest we probably dont even have it anymore.  I didnt see any bits of vinyl in the holder.  What kind of oil do you use? 

Did you look at the cutting strip for gouges? 

I did not.  When I go into work tomorrow I'll take a look at it.  He did not try setting it back to factory default.  That is part of what I figured on trying to do when I pick it up was reset it and see if it still does it. 

And I will try the oil as well to see if that helps.  Thanks for the help.  At least now I have a place to start looking.

Some one else just had that problem not too long ago,on a Graphtec,  and factory reset fixed it.  Good luck.  Your welcome.

if that doesn't work buy a chinese blade holder off ebay to eliminate that as a possiblity.  is the cut strip in good condition or does it have cut lines in it?

Not yet.  I just got the cutter home today and got it set up and hooked to my computer.  I need to order some vinyl then I can start messing with it.