Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfry

Seiki not cutting straight, help?

Hey guys,

i have a 30" Seiki plotter and recently it's started pushing the vinyl side to side. Often on long banner cuts it will run right off of the vinyl and start tearing up the material. I've tried looseing and tightning the screws on the tension roller. I've loosened them up completly and started adding pressure 1/2 turn at a time. Still having problems. Have slowed down the plotter. Tried measuering it side to side. Still running crooked. Any suggestion? I'm just trying to cut some 15" vinyl for a small sign and i'm deststroying material.

I am cutting the vinyl all the way to the right of the plotter (The side where the blade parks)

Any and all suggestion are welcome.

Thanks ;D

Fry

It's possible that the grit roller is not tightly secured ---  there are allen screws holding the grit roller onto the shaft, these might have become loose.

And you are pre feeding your vinyl correct?  If not, you should pre feed the amount of the order.  Never pull directly from a roll while cutting.   Also like Slice said check, your grit rollers screws.

like skeeter said pre feed and make sure you are using the bare minimum blade exposure - causes more drag . . .

I have not Prefed the vinyl, but i have run it back and forth on the plotter, (no blade engaged) and it's tracking sideways. I'll check the roller with my allen wrenches. The vinyl is not tight on the roll.  I'll give your suggestion a try an report back.

Thanks

Fry

ok far as i ca tell nothing loose on my plotter, i've been playing with the tention screws and have it tracking sideways a bit less, but still doing it. Now i have it my MM and not inches. Still very annoying. Any other ideas? I'm glad this is a playing and not my business. :P

Thanks.

you actually have to get it started straight to begin with - too many newbies just put it in and think it is going to go straight - if you put it in crooket guess what will happen,   more people have messed up a good plotter by not starting it straight and then fiddling with things that didn't need fiddled with  Heck even the roland printer needs some messing to get it to start straight - after that it holds for as far as I want to run/    so my question is are you getting it inserted straight to begin with so it does not wanter from side to side and then 10 ft in it changes?

and do you have the pinch rollers set the same distance, in on the vinyl?   if one side is in 1" on the vinyl the  other side should also be 1"  in on the vinyl.