Sign in to follow this  
lkikstra

Shifted lettering

I have a 12" wide MH series cutter, and I am using Sure Cuts A Lot Pro which came with it. 

While cutting a decal with extensive text, I get a few letters that have been cut "shifted" perpendicular to the feed path by up to 1/8" from the remainder of the row of text.

This has happened on 2 identical (LH/RH) decals cut on one (long) sheet, and with each decal cut separately.  I inspected the "guide roller path" impressions on the vinyl sheet and I have not seen (nor suspect) that the vinyl sheet/roll has shifted in any manner.  I have not watched the cut to see if this happens at the beginning or end of the cutting process.   Based on the attached file, the vinyl feed direction is in the same direction as the words of text.

I suspect either the HPGL being sent as separate packets, or the cutter is "losing" it's "Y Axis" zero point while cutting.

I do not see this problem with smaller, less complex cuts.

I am running SCAL Pro on a Windows 7, 64 bit laptop with 4GB RAM, connected via USB.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and are there any thoughts on how I can overcome this problem?

post-66363-0-39950000-1376942230_thumb.j

check the set screws on the grit rollers - if those are tight check the belt but my bet is on the grit rollers

yeah Im guessing more of a tracking issue then anything. Pinch rollers not holding tight enough, too much blade or pressure fighting the rollers. Something along those lines