Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

You know who I am --

With over 1800 posts already, I'm certainly not new around here.

However, I'm about to introduce another cutter into my sign shop, and wanted to offer the opportunity to follow me along as I get it up and running.

Here's the story so far ---

I started the sign store in Sept. 2011 with an MH unit.

One fine sunny day, I tripped on the USB cable and it ripped out the USB port, breaking it off from the board inside.

Called USCUTTER to order a replacement board and decided to get an SC machine and keep the (fixed) MH around as a backup.

SC went into service as primary cutter in May 2012.

It runs perfectly with serial connection driven from SignBlazerElements.

Last week, I noticed an eBay auction for a machine called SEIKI.

No reserve and the auction began at $180.

Auction ended with me winning at $202.50

So, Monday a box will be arriving with a SEIKI cutter, and I'm hoping it's quieter than the SC (or the notoriously loud MH) and with any luck, this thing is going to be plug&play with SignBlazer using a Roland driver.

Stay tuned for updates on this endeavor.

I'll be back here with more info tomorrow.

good luck - it's an addiction.  one of the best cutters I ever had was a fc-4100 I got for $175.00. Bargain hunting is in our blood also

Ill be interested to see how that cutter turns out. Ive been looking to replace my SC with a Graphtec more sooner then later as Ive come to not be 100% happy with the SC. Im over critical so I am unhappy with some cuts I get

I'm only going with the Seiki because of the $202 price tag, which can be earned back in one day.

It's probably just a minor and inconsequential upgrade from the SC, and not in the ballpark of a Graphtec machine.

I would venture to say it can't be compared even at the level of a Copam.

A friend of mine is interested in obtaining this SC, and I'll transfer it to him after getting the Seiki into operation.

ah I thought for some reason the Seiki was a higher quality cutter.

ah I thought for some reason the Seiki was a higher quality cutter.

I am indeed hoping that it's somewhat better, but I imagine it's only marginally better.

I'll know soon enough.

I had a Seiki a few years ago and dumped it because it would die on long jobs however I did not know what a keyspan adapter was back then and didn't have access to a serial port. When it worked it cut just like my LP1 and current LP2 but not a Graphtec. Had I known how to deal with the communication issues I may have kept it. Monkey this is the cutter I was telling you went down a whole 10 yds. of red vinyl just as purdy as could be, just not where it was supposed to.

• Like 1

Yes, my Seiki died also, but only on the detailed Wizard, that I sell, but I learned,  to turn it wide open on speed, and it worked,  But it was not the greatest on tracking long stripes.  This is also where I learned to turn the cutter off, and back on between jobs. or it would run out of memory.   I used it for 14 months before I got my Graphtec.   And I still have it.  850H.  I also knew nothing about a Keypsan adapter.

I love my SC.  What is yours NOT doing for you that you've asked it to do?  I just cut some seriously small stuff and it keeps impressing me.  

I had the 870T and learned quickly to run it wide open and whenever possible break the jobs into shorter runs. Ahh, the good old days.

Bingo slice if even a little better. The chinese cutters are mostly pretty much the same if you read the specs. I was pissed off today losing 10 feet of 751 because of tracking. I thought it was right on walked off and found it run plumb off the vinyl when I came back. I belive it is about time for a graphtec , roland or gcc at a minimum. I am thinking of opening a retail sign shop so a better cutter will be in order.

• Like 4

My SC with my clean cut blade has recently put out some text aprox 1/8"  (numbers actually) I was shocked when I looked at the results.  I mean, I sent it to cut knowing it was not gonna turn out good but I wanted to see how bad.... I sold the item!

I will up load a pic in a bit.  Probably start a thread for it tho and not hijack this one.

Bingo slice if even a little better. The chinese cutters are mostly pretty much the same if you read the specs. I was pissed off today losing 10 feet of 751 because of tracking. I thought it was right on walked off and found it run plumb off the vinyl when I came back. I belive it is about time for a graphtec , roland or gcc at a minimum. I am thinking of opening a retail sign shop so a better cutter will be in order.

Dan, waatch craigslist with searchtempest in your area - they come up quite often with people that bought and didn't know how to use them.  bougt several ce5000-60's, coupld of qe-60+'s and about 3 gx-24's that way that were hardly used

Dan, waatch craigslist with searchtempest in your area - they come up quite often with people that bought and didn't know how to use them.  bougt several ce5000-60's, coupld of qe-60+'s and about 3 gx-24's that way that were hardly used

I found a 60" graphtec on Craigs list for 500 bucks   ;)

Scott I watch Craigslist in a125 mile or so radius and an avid eBay surfer . The weekly newsletter from us cutter today had a Roland at 10% off not bad.

Yep... I like a deal. The p cut is fine for now but if I do open a storefront I want a reliable machine and a little bigger then my 24 if I can afford it.

Just follow xpaperman around he seems to trip over deals.

• Like 1

So, did you get the Seiki up and running?  Your post said, was to be delivered yesterday...  If so, how is it working out for you?  

Uhhhhh, nope.

The ebay seller shipped it from Miami on Friday, and now the Post Office is operating in their usual snail-pace, as their tracking shows it just left the Jacksonville sorting facility yesterday!!!

Oh,, ok.   I thought maybe you had tracking, and knew it was to be delivered Monday..   Guess you will have to wait a bit.

Slice I won an auction on ebay the item was shipped fro New Jersey the tracking it going all the way to Georgia then back up to West Virginia I cant phantom why the usps is having financial problems.

• Like 1

Just so you know, I hate you.

LOL - you are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 1