turnedforgood

firefighter helmet decals

I am needing to quote for 30-40 firefighters helmet lettering. I'm thinking Oracal 5500 black reflective. Each one will consist of: 1-uniqe name, 2"x8", 1 set of three numbers (2"x4") for each side unique to each helmet, and possibly one logo (4"x4") for the front that will be the same on all. What do you guys think would be a fair price?

You do know that vinyl and heat do not mix. Not sure how to price it because I wouldn't want them coming back first time they wear them on duty wanting it replaced because it melted off.

They have been using vinyl for years, if not decades, on their helmets. Typically what happens is that the vinyl shrinks a little and possibly gets tiny bubbles in it. They are used to this and expect it.

• Like 1

As long as they know what to expect. Still couldn't  price due w/o seeing design due to the difficulty cutting and weeding reflective.

yeah we in the fire service have had vinyl decals on our helmets forever pretty much and thats why they get replaced pretty often since they do burn up but the helmets themselves will burn up too over time