LMG0822

Vinyl decal question - please help

I will start off by saying I haven't had my vinyl machine but a month or so - and I'm having to teach my self how to use it as I go...

I'm trying to make some car decals for a ball team. I am having more trouble with this than I anticipated - and i'm probably making things more difficult that necessary.  I have attached a sample of the type of decal I'm trying to make...  They just want a white oval with "DRAW" centered in the middle and Bad Draw smaller, along a black oval outline (smaller than the white oval)  I feel like this should be fairly simple to make...but I must be over complicating things.  I made the white oval, but I'm having trouble getting the smaller outline of an oval in black to be exactly proportionate.  And I understand that it will have to be 2 cuts for the black oval (one on each side of the outline) but I am not exactly sure how to go about making them.

(I was able to figure out how to make "Bad Draw"  follow a path to curve in the direction of the oval)

Also, Would you suggest making the white oval with nothing cut out of it and then just adding the black vinyl over it after that has been cut, or would you suggest cutting out all of the images out of the white so that I can fit the two colors together.  

I hope this wasn't too confusing - I'm very appreciative of any help/advice

Thanks in Advance! 

post-35599-0-43300500-1376545402_thumb.g

If these are getting installed on car windows why not just cut the whole decal from white vinyl.  Weed out the letters and the black part of the oval then let the window show through.

Like this sample.

post-24657-0-48670200-1376588120_thumb.j

• Like 2

In SignBlazerElements, I would use the function "Outline/Inline" to create the inner black oval line.

• Like 1

Cool, I learn something new everyday...

1st-Check all new posts' before replying to one...

2nd-I need to experiment with that shadowing option a little more..

Thanks' everyone.... ;D