Sign in to follow this  
parabellum1130

pricing formula ?

im just starting out and im still not quite sure about pricing ...

I was thinking about going off competitors prices butt , one of the went out of business really fast

like about 5mo.

so is there a formula for pricing out decals

and will prices change if its single color of multi color decals...:huh:...

some1 once told me to just charge 1dollar per sq.in. ...

but a 6x6 decal at $36 seems a bit high ....

One rule of thumb you will see mentioned here a lot is (L+W)/2.  For example, your 6x6 decal would be 6+6  (12)  divided by 2 equals 6.... $6.00!

If using a second color you might cut it in half, say 3 bucks and make the new total 9.  Once you start adding other colors it seems everyone has a different way of charging.  

• Like 1

If doing smaller stuff (not signs or large graphics) I use $1 an inch based on the longest measurement. It's an easier system to price from on the fly. Example some one asks for a name 10" long I say $10 while with the other system it goes more like this: Let me type that out for you so I can find out how tall it is so I know how to price it. I made a sale in 30 seconds and the other way give the customer a minute or 2 to reconsider and walk away.

• Like 2

I do have some flat rate things that break this rule in order to be fair to the customer. Windshield lettering is $25 because it's normally less than 5" x 50" so in theory you can get at least 4 out of a 50" pc. of vinyl for a profit of $100. I did 2 today that totaled 8.5" X 50" of material for $50 and still have an 11" X 50" strip to use for other jobs.