So I have a 12"x12" magnet to do orange vinyl laid first and black logo on that. Have a total of 30ea to do. What's the ballpark for said magnet?

Also Ballparking for a 4'x8' coroplast sign. Straight black lettering no logo's at all.

Thanks for any input

$12

$128

Not too far off from Dakota but I live in 1 of the poorest states in the union.

Nice I got $10 ea and figured why hagg;e over a buck or two and lose the whole deal.

The 4x8 I called a local shop and asked how much to have one made and they quoted $313 :blink: Figure I'll start at $200 and negotiate. B)

• Like 2

On 30 I know I'd do $10 w/o complaining and if you get the coro at that price you've done real good.

On 30 I know I'd do $10 w/o complaining and if you get the coro at that price you've done real good.

So far I have gotten everything I have quoted. I have a new possible customer that asked for a business card at McD's he was the owner of the computer repair store, had has 6 to 9 cars to letter up.

I seem to be low on my prices, but am turning a profit so slowly trying to get closer to local prices but not seem greedy.

• Like 2

as my millionaire friend used to tell me...a quick nickle is better than a slow dime anytime. If you are staying busy and making money you are well ahead of the game.

• Like 5

as my millionaire friend used to tell me...a quick nickle is better than a slow dime anytime. If you are staying busy and making money you are well ahead of the game.

Nice

I like the quick nickel or the slow dime or even the dollar on a walker as long as I get paid. I made a mistake with the sign companys I install for by starting to wait to be paid now every job seems to take for ever to get paid. The same way with the larger companys they seem to just expect 30 day billing with no pre arrangments or credit approvals or credit checks these same people must have approved credit on anyone buying on time from them. The indaviduals almost always pay on completion or very fast .

• Like 1

Scott when I sold services for my last job this was a huge problem for me. I didn't get paid commission until the customer paid their bill. A lot of the larger businesses out there want you to wait 30 days before they will pay you and that didn't always fly. Longest wait I had was 7 months, had to serve them with court papers before they finally decided to pay up.

Cash now, sign now. Pay later, sign later. Even with this I have a $500 order I've been sitting on for 3 months now. Guess I need to learn the process here for small claims. Or go beating on his door and do it old school.

So far I have gotten everything I have quoted. I have a new possible customer that asked for a business card at McD's he was the owner of the computer repair store, had has 6 to 9 cars to letter up.

I seem to be low on my prices, but am turning a profit so slowly trying to get closer to local prices but not seem greedy.

The thing to remember is to be able to put enough back for wear and tear. A cutter goes down and it'll absorb quite a bit of profit. 

That is what I learned at the old job. No pay, no play! I require a 50% deposit for most jobs and full payment for jobs that are a pain, expensive, or I am worried about getting paid on. 

All in all 1/2 down works well for me . The order I'm sitting on I broke the rule because he's been a customer for 4 years. Correction former customer.

The thing to remember is to be able to put enough back for wear and tear. A cutter goes down and it'll absorb quite a bit of profit. 

Yeah I'm working on a graphtec for my next cutter

All in all 1/2 down works well for me . The order I'm sitting on I broke the rule because he's been a customer for 4 years. Correction former customer.

Yeah I have to start taking deposits now. Only have one customer I have had to wait to pay me, but when needing inventory money is needed now.

Everybody requires a deposit locally. Not only are they more likely to follow through but I take a deposit after design approval so if they change their mind on design or colors or whatever I tell them I already ordered everything and if I have to send it back there is a 25% restocking fee. They usually stick with the approved design at this point.

I stand by the 50% deposit rule with NO exceptions. I had a guy that I lettered 4 or 5 trucks that took several months to collect full payment. SInce then, he has called me several times and I had better things to di than rush to get his new trucks lettered just to chase him down to collect  what he owes. Told him two days ago when he last called, full payment UP FRONT and I'll gladly do the 2 trucks. No more calls. YET. Look for him to call in another couple of days. If not, so what?

I don't bother much with customers that call me but won't come into my shop. Too many times I have wasted time working on the design for them to approve then I never hear back from them. Even sending a partial picture or heavy watermark, I think they are just not serious about buying. 

I do small designs via email all the time big any job over the $100 mark I always ask them to come into the store so we can go ever options, colors, etc. Then I hit them for the deposit and if they want to show someone first I print them off a copy on my B&W laser printer. If they want to go somewhere else with that the next guy will probably laugh at em.

I stand by the 50% deposit rule with NO exceptions. I had a guy that I lettered 4 or 5 trucks that took several months to collect full payment. SInce then, he has called me several times and I had better things to di than rush to get his new trucks lettered just to chase him down to collect  what he owes. Told him two days ago

when he last called, full payment UP FRONT and I'll gladly do the 2 trucks. No more calls. YET. Look for him to call in another couple of days. If not, so what?

I get half down on my jobs at least it will cover material. These are for sign companys that probably get at least half down but they expect me to wait till they are paid to get paid. I told the one that I do the most installs for that he needs to start collecting my charges upfront so I can get paid on completion. Some of the lighted signs will have a lot of money tides up in material... 6x6 x 1/4 inch wall schedule 40 square tubing are about $400.00 each plus concrete plus welders and lift plus paint ,electrical and labor can run into one or two thousand or more very quickly . That is a lot to put out and wait a long time on.

Anything over 200.00 I require 1/2 down, I haven't been doing this but a year now and already have had to eat a couple of projects, this way my material is covered and I donate the time. Gotta cover your butt.

I got the $200 for the coro, he didn't even bat an eye at the price. Plus with all his signs 24 total... 2) 4'x8' and 22) 12"x18", I donated part of the cost and got my name on a sponsor sign during the golf tournament. He has also ordered 3 more signs as well. Plus another guy called about relettering a new equipment van for his fire dept. Things are looking up

• Like 1

For me it really depends on the client, small businesses require 50% deposit and the rest when sign is delivered. 

Big businesses around here won't go for that. I have some that pay within my requested 30 days and some that take a little longer. 

If you fail to pay me for a job you immediately go on a COD only plan.