Monkey

FlexiStarter10 and SC Cutter issues Possibly solved

Ya I agree with you on that one.   Could just be the drivers are not stable for the software we are using.   Works but doesnt communicate correctly.   I am currently saving for a Graphtec so hopefully after x-mas I can purchase that.  My worry right now is.  I have had this SC for a while now and make almost my full income now off vinyls.   I hope it doesnt crap the bed on me during a peak time.    Thinking about grabbing another cheap cutter for a back up incase I have problem.  I am currently shipping 70 to 100 decals (order) a week from Amazon alone.   If it dies im screwed.

Im doing the same. Ive recently bought everything for screen printing so now saving for the graphtec. I also keep an eye on Craigslist for them. Ive considered amazon, cause tried ebay and just not worth it to me.

I got caught with my pants down a few years ago and had to have a cheap cutter sent overnight from Washington state to South Carolina. Costly mistake and now I always have a backup machine just in case.

how much was bail?

Released O.R. but promised not to let it happen again. This was how I ended up buying a MH cutter and I think the shipping was almost as much as the cutter since I had it overnighted. I had took my first large banner order for a new customer and needed them by the end of the week and motherboard in my LP 1 crapped out on me.

Shipping can get steep.  But if its needed then sometimes its worth it.   Problem for me would be I dont have the extra funds to do something like that.   Would prolly have parts mailed here and try to repair and hope all went well.  I really need a backup cutter.   Don't have the room for it but I do think it would be a good investment for later on.   The what the heck.   I get the graphtec.   and I would have 3 cutters.  The software that the graph techs come with says that it can cut with multiple cutters at the same time unless im reading that wrong.   Maybe that woudl worth with the 3 that I would have.  cut my time cutting orders.   cut 3 colors at once.

Really need that second cutter though.     Im afraid if something happens ill lose all my business and i would have to start  all over again.  Not a situation I want to be in.

The reason I didn't just order parts was an uncertainty of what was wrong and I didn't have time to gamble. IIRC I took the order Monday afternoon for Friday and when I went to start it Tuesday nothing doa. I basically had no option but to pony up and have it sent overnight. In you position I'd watch CL for a used cutter and keep putting away for a Graphtec or similar quality machine.

Ya sounds like you didnt have much of an option at that point.   I prolly would have done the same thing.

I am currently putting away for the graphtec I wanna get.  I was looking at eh Graphtec CE-6000 24".  I only use 24" vinyl anyways.   and the SC I have is a 34".  So Id have more room with the 24" where I have my SC Series.

You think the CE-6000 is worth the doe.   Or you have another in mind.   Dont wanna go over $2k though.

But that is the one I was looking into buying.  I have heard alot about graphtec and roland.  Which would you buy if you had to buy one?

I have seen the new Graphtecs a couple places for $1495. And the price on used ones are def. coming down lately and they are workhorses.

If I was selling 100 decals a week I could have bought another machine by now.

I have been saving money from selling these.  However I am also using the money to pay bills and all that other good stuff as well.  So soon enough Ill get another cutter.

I have seen the new Graphtecs a couple places for $1495. And the price on used ones are def. coming down lately and they are workhorses.

is the 1500 for the 24" Graphtecs.    Because around 1500 would be ideal.

Thanks for the link I checked it out and while I was on there spotted some printer cutter combos.   Ouch mad expensive.  Bet I could do some full car wraps with those.

Personally by looking at the Graphtecs and the Rolands.   The Graphtec cutters look well built and I like there layout and there LCD screen.   Haven't seen any good photos of the Roland to compared but I do like the way they look.  Then again I have not really looked either. 

Either way I got my eye on the CE-6000.  Ill look around and see if I cant find one used.  But If I manage to save enough to by new by then Ill grab a new one.

My primary cutter is a vinyl express qe60+. This is a rebranded Graphtec ce5000 and since the stopped making the ce5000 last year you can find some good deals on them new and used. I just bought another qe60 with possible problems to hopefully add to my collection of money maker. You can't go wrong with Graphtec or Roland and in the 5 or so years I've been doing this I've never heard anybody say they regret purchasing either 1.

• Like 1

What did you set flow control to in the control panel none, hardware or Xon / Xoff. And how did you find it in the flexi production manager settings? i cant seem to find it?