Monkey

FlexiStarter10 and SC Cutter issues Possibly solved

Well some of you may have seen Ive been having issues with my FLexiStarter10 and my SC Cutter. A really detailed scroll work image just stopped mid cut froze with "Now Cutting" still on cutter screen but "write port error" In Production manager window. On another fairly simpler design, in middle of cutting it just cut a line in middle of material full length of roll ruining material and spitting it on the floor with rollers still going. Did this twice with 2 different Images (luckily it was cut piece and not full roll 2nd time). But all 3 images cut fine through SCALP.

Here is my set up:

Windows 7

34" SC Cutter

FlexiStarter 10

Keyspan connection

Image I made in CorelDraw x6

Cutter Grounded to stand

dryer sheets in all my rolls

1 thing we found in my set up was in my Device Manager in the comport for my cutter, flow control was set to "none" and in Flexi Production manager it was set to hardware. Which I did find on USCutter support site but not knowing a lot about this I waited till Flexi support called me back. So that was changed.

Another thing was my set up was on Comport 4. Tech said its best to have it on 2 if possible and since I had nothing else on the comport list he switched it in my device manager to 2 as well as in my production manager set up for my cutter in flexi.

He also advised about a, anti-static string they (cutterpros) sell that goes from side to side of cutter and drapes over vinyl and it pulls the static out as its being cut. $4.99, why not its worth a shot, so I ordered one.

After getting off the phone I took my blade holder out and resent the Scroll work image that the cutter with flexi froze on. It pretended to cut the whole thing without mishap. So with blade holder still out, I loaded some vinyl in cutter and sent same image again it pretended to cut whole thing without mishap as well.

So in closing, it looks like these simple things fixed my issue and the issue of a few others Ive read on here but never concluded on the fix.

Ill still put the anti static string on as another static fighter but so far it looks fixed

For giggles I just put an empty blade holder in and resent it with vinyl to replicate the holder rubbing the vinyl while cutting possibly causing static build up and no mishaps.

If anything changes Ill post here

Told you Flexi has top rated for a reason. Just a shame about the wasted material until it was figured out.

yeah 1 banner and 1 roll of easyweed. But it could have been worse and at least now it looks to be fixed. I will find uses for the ruined stuff Im sure

great info - hadn't heard of the sc having the static issues as bad as the mh has but good info

To be honest I dont really think it was a static problem, I think it was those setting causing it to flip out through flexi. Otherwise I think SCALP would have done same thing. Maybe its a way the information is sent is different between the 2 programs. After searching here with some luck I googled the problem which gave me more threads here of people have the same or similar problems with the SC and FlexiStarter dating back around 2009 to present, but none gave a fix, just dropped off. So figured Id post it so maybe others that come across might not have such a hard time fixing it.

At least you're back up and running. I've never dealt with Flexi for support were they good to deal with or ?

this is the address I used.  They got right back with me, within minutes .

esupport@saintl.biz

but they replied with this address.

esupport@thinksai.com

SAI wouldnt do anything for FlexiStarter support. You have to contact the retailer is what I was told when I called. I bought mine through Cutterpros and their tech support was really good and very friendly.

This was July 23/2013......Well, mine was Flexistarter 8.5, and It would have had to go thru them..  I have a LEGAL version that does not have a dongle. As far as I know, it  only came  on 8.5. version.   And I wanted to change it on computers. So I needed them to release the license, so I could change it on a different computer.  They got right back with me.  

I'm not sure what Cloud is,  but would this be similar with no dongle?   I understand crack.  mine is not a crack.   It has to be connected to the internet every 15 days..  You get a message.  But I have WIFI, always connected.

SAI is just sending a link,  and password for Cloud.?  

No idea on cloud, other then the adobe cloud, but doubt its the same. Mine is 10 with a dongle. They said they dont offer support for starter 10, and to call the retailer. Which was fine, they seemed really knowledgeable and helpful.

The retailer on EBAY for the Cloud, says nothing in the mail...  they send a registered email.

This basically is what I have, only mine came on a DVD.  with license and password from SAI.  And I register my license.

This auction is for a complete package of
Flexistarter 10 Cloud version

(PC windows version only)

*** There is no shipping on this item ****
** Please disregard all other shipping statement in this listing **

1. After you win the auction, you will receive a register email from us with all your license information.
2. Then you need visit SAi cloud website and registger your unique license code and download the latest version of flexistarter.

I'm technology slow but my understanding is that cloud is basically online hosting and you would need to be internet connected in order for it to work unlike yours mzskeeter that only needs to "check in" every 15 days.

here it is.   That was a question I asked a while back about cloud.   I was wondering how do you resell your Cloud software.  In the case below,, he could probably sell the license and dongle.

mopar691

Advanced Member

• av-7594.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 732 posts
  • LocationHickville

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

I am running flexi-cloud and still need my dongle.

No clue, Mine isnt related to that cloud deal. Just a legal disk and a dongle where I had to register my user ID and password for it to get the activation code through SAI and SAI told me to contact my retailer for support and I did. In my paperwork from SAI with it, its called out as "FlexiSTARTER Unlimited" under Product.

The things I posted is what the tech support person at the retailer found and changed when he logged into my computer and now it works and isnt doing the crazy gremlin cut. I saw others having same problem with SC and FlexiStarter10 so I posted what was done to fix mine so others might not have to go through the calling around.

Everything Im seeing on this "Cloud" is its how you upgrade your current version for cheaper then buying 1 of the higher versions outright. Like if I wanted to upgrade to signs, I could do it through cloud with my current dongle for cheaper then buying flexisigns outright. Other then that, I dont know how cloud came into this lol

Everything Im seeing on this "Cloud" is its how you upgrade your current version for cheaper then buying 1 of the higher versions outright. Like if I wanted to upgrade to signs, I could do it through cloud with my current dongle for cheaper then buying flexisigns outright. Other then that, I dont know how cloud came into this lol

Well I'm glad you got it working great.  ;D

Been searching around for some answers to my problem aswell and seems to be a load with the SC Series Cutters and Flexi.    Mine just stop in the middle of a cut.  I have changes setting as others have described and all and it still does the same thing.  I seen someone mention about memory issues with the cutter not having enough.  But I dont really think that is a problem.  I have used signcut for a year and have been using SignBlazer for a while now and no issues with either one of them.  I recently got FlexiSign 10 and it wont cut.  I can cut 20+ decals in other software and it wont cut 1 small decal without freezing half way threw it.   I am using USB, static lines, and all.   changed the packet size to 1000 curve quality to medium.  Cuts further cut still stop when cutting.  Like I said I have been searching and reading tons of posts about the problems and there doesn't seem to be a solution that I have seen.  But I do believe it is with Flexi as that is the only problem everyone seems to be having.  I know people mentioned that bitrate issues not matching causeing poblems aswell.   Its almost like the cutter stops communicating with the computer or flexi I should say.

Has anyone made any progress with the problems that everyone has been having?  Using Flexi and the SC Series cutters.

Anyone know of a fix I over looked?

Im still on the fence on whether mine is "fixed" or not. It still messed up with detailed images. I think its a problem with how Flexi sends info to the cutter different the other programs that maxes out the memory on the SC. I can have an issue doing a double image job (2 of the same image) but then do the same image in SCALP and send 6 of that image at once with no issue. So Ive shelved Flexi for the most part until I get a higher end cutter. I use it for single less detailed no huge cuts but Im back using SCALP for most of my stuff for now

My lines ended up kagged today aswell. Had an order for 12 decals that were all different. Cut and lines were jagged. Put the images in SB and cut like normal. Dont get it. Especcially seing as how flexi costs so much it should be a perfect program.

Im thinking its just something between flexi and the SC. Not saying the SC is bad, they just dont seem to like each other.

Ya I agree with you on that one.   Could just be the drivers are not stable for the software we are using.   Works but doesnt communicate correctly.   I am currently saving for a Graphtec so hopefully after x-mas I can purchase that.  My worry right now is.  I have had this SC for a while now and make almost my full income now off vinyls.   I hope it doesnt crap the bed on me during a peak time.    Thinking about grabbing another cheap cutter for a back up incase I have problem.  I am currently shipping 70 to 100 decals (order) a week from Amazon alone.   If it dies im screwed.

I got caught with my pants down a few years ago and had to have a cheap cutter sent overnight from Washington state to South Carolina. Costly mistake and now I always have a backup machine just in case.