skylinedesign

Avoid Returning to Starting Point

Currently, when a cut finishes, it returns to the starting point and I have to advance the vinyl to the end of the cut to trim it off. Is there a setting in SignBlazer that I'm missing that will keep the vinyl from rolling all the way back to the starting point?

Yes, I'm not at my computer with the program right not but it's under the setting, Advance roll after job, or something like that.

on mine it shows under cut, settings , cutter setup it has a check box for advance page after cut

In main cut window setup at the top, advance page after job.

Advance Page After Job is the setting I figured it would be, but it is checked and it still returns to the starting point. Same as when it is unchecked.

Cutter is a MH721 connected with the COM port. I believe I'm using the correct driver. It's been set up for a few years with no issues other than the advance page.

Maybe someone who has an MH series cutter will chime in and help ya..    I know Slice/Dice used to run an MH cutter and is on here quite often.  I'm sure there are others.

I would go bananas if my cutter always returned to the Start point ---  that's just plain wrong.

Here's what I would do to troubleshoot this ====

Install the latest version of SignBlazer (UK) from this link, and then make sure you're using the RedSail driver.RS720C.

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

I appreciate the help. I remember when I initially set up the cutter I had all sorts of issues, so I'm a bit wary to make any changes. It's an issue I can live with, and I can't afford to be down for any time right now. I'm setting up another cutter soon though, so I should be able to test it out with that one.

A separate issue I've had, I can't cut anything over 60". Anything longer and the carriage goes all the way to the end and grinds until I shut it off. Is that driver related as well?

no that is the memory in the cutter,  The MH series cutters are very limited on memory.  Always turn off your cutter after each cut ,so as to dump the data from last order.

I forget where I read it but there's a spec. that calls out the plotter can do 24"x60". Although that never made sense to me. If I wanted to make a rectangle that's say 12" by 80" why wouldn't the cutter be able to do that?

Anyway, on the Advance page after job thing, you might try changing the gap between jobs. Shouldn't matter but can't hurt to try. I have a mh721-mk2 and it advances after jobs no problem. I am running the latest version of SBE and I'm using the USB option.

Just tried changing the gap between jobs and that didn't solve my problem. But, I did notice that once the cut finishes, it does advance the page with the gap I specified, then still returns to the original starting point.

No.

Your projects are all stored within a folder called SBD Files on your root C: drive.

If you are still concerned, rename it temporaily while performing the reinstall (for example SBD Files01) and when done with the install, you can switch it back as your default project folder.