vicmjr918

Need Help with newly bought sc-series

Just bought the sc-series cutter and when i turned on the machine, the thing holding the blade is not stopping and just keeps making sounds, like its still trying to move the right(with me facing the cutter) when there's no more room to go to. tried pressing the reset button, the thing stops but when i release the button the sound starts up again and like before still like trying to move to the right. is my machine broken? or do i have to do something to make the "thing" stop to its default home? thanks in advance.

I did not experience this problem but If it is what I think it is.... others have.  Simple fix.  There is a limit switch that stops the carriage on that side that I have heard is not set right.  It needs to be moved to the left a bit.  There is a member here named slice and dice that has all that info.  (I never really paid any attention as I did not have the problem.)  You could try searching on this forum for that discussion as I believe he has detailed instructions with pictures!

thanks for the reply xpaperman. it gave me and idea on what to search for regarding my problem. though i didn't find any postings by slice&dice re: my problem  i did find a solution searching google. seems the bracket wasn't making contact with the switch that's why it was making the grinding sound. finally fixed it, just had to bend it a little. thanks again.

glad you got it fixed and glad I could help some.... I wish I would of had more info and saved you some google time but in the end it's fixed!

Good luck with your cutter, I also have the SC and It's been good to me.

• Like 2

The issue I was addressing isn't directly related to the limit-switch contact problem being discussed in this thread.

What I had been referring to is the small set-screw on the rear rail of the machine, which stops the right-hand pressure roller assembly as it slides over.

That screw placement apparently was incorrectly engineered, and it's been placed by the factory too far to the right, with the result of that first pressure roller failing to come into contact with the lower grit roller.

I have no idea if the Chinese manufacturer ever corrected the problem (and I doubt they did).

That means every owner of the SC needs to be aware of this defect, and either move the set-screw themselves over to the left a bit, or simply not slide the pressure rollers all the way until they hit that set-stop location.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/36439-liyu-sc-gets-up-and-running-my-1st-impressions/?p=283267

DSCF1847.JPG

Blue arrow = where the roller needs to be, in order to make contact with the grit roller

Green arrow = where the roller will end up if you use the set-screw position (no contact with grit roller)

Well I stand corrected.  That is in fact not the same problem.  The end result however was the cutter is now fixed.   :rolleyes: