Chamm

Printable material for iron on t-shirt

Looking for a material that would be able to be printed on, then put through cutter to contour cut the design out, and applied to t-shirt.  Is there such a material? Does it come on rolls, sheets? Want to be able to do a multi color design or photo realistic as possible.

Thanks

3G opaque available in sheets and rolls. Doesn't need a solvent printer just pigment ink, most use an epson because of availability bulk ink and cis kits. Many places sell it but the cheapest is on the big auction site. Check out my facebook page for a few examples http://facebook.com/jayplacesc

Also I recommend Siser mask as an app. tape for 3G. I use around 100 sheets a month and it holds up well.

Ok. I have seen the picture of the shirt with the church on it that you did while browsing here. I have a question on the difference between solvent and pigment printers. Is a pigment printer one that has liquid color cartridges or powder like a laser printer? I picked up an older HP 5000c from a friend. I thought $300 was a good deal for a 54 inch printer. Just want to see what I can do with it.

Later after googling this some.......

ok, so it may be overkil to do a tshirt with the hp5000, lol. But I see the cis kit is pretty awesome for a desktop printer like that. I remember years ago printing an iron on, on some paper with my home pc and printer and put it on a shirt. Can't really remember the results though.

Both solvent and pigment are liquid. The simpler way to state this is don't use dye based inks because they have very limited durability. I would guess you hp could be either dye or pigment ink and the only way to be sure is to check the cartridges for a label. Solvent printers are geared toward printing on vinyl and similar substrates. Most of the shirts we do are for people waiting on them so I don't get to take that many pics of the finished product but everyone who has asked about them had been impressed with the appearance.

Cool. Either way I bought the HP for printing on vinyl so it's ok if it isnt pigment. I will have to check on that. I need to go pick it up soon also. It is nice to know about the cis systems for desk top printers.

Thanks Jay!

If the hp is for vinyl Roland makes a shirt transfer product that should work with it.

That hp doesn't appear to be vinyl friendly according to hp it can be had with either dye or pigment (uv) ink, neither of whick are for vinyl. The exception is a special HP colorfast vinyl.

Media specifications

Types: HP Coated, HP Heavy Weight Coated, HP Photo Imaging Glossy, HP Photo Imaging Satin, HP Semi-Gloss, HP Poster Paper, HP Studio Canvas, Colorlucent Back-lit UV, HP Colorfast Vinyl, HP Tyvek Banner, and additional Complimentary Media Partner's Supported Medias.