Godspeed128

Why cant i inport eps image ?

I can't open eps files in scalp. Is there something that converts them other than the online website that does it? I just dont like the idea of uploading to them.

This is a big issue with SCALP, it is picky on what EPS files it will open. Ive tried to get Craftedge to solve this with no luck. I even have had it not want to trace JPG images. That is why I picked up FlexiStarter 10.

Signblazer saves .eps in older format so that may be the reason it's working now. Seems older files are generally more compatible than the newer ones.

I will give that a try. Just got SBE and know nothing about it. I'll post back and see if it works for me. One question about SBE, when i go to import an image sometimes it loads the previews up but when it gets so many it crashes and closes on me. Any idea of why?

Cant get sign blazer to save in .eps format. It wont let me select that. I am at a loss.....

If you are using an early release of sure cuts alot (the one that comes on the disc) it will not open eps files.

Make sure you are running the latest version. You can grab it here

I open it up by opening it in photoshop than save in photoshop as a photoshop.eps then in scalp open trace browse and find the file. save and erase the other. I think your was saved in Ai.

even newest version of scalp wont open all eps files. I havent quite figured out its "criteria" on what eps files it will or wont open yet. Thats why I bought FlexiStarter 10. Got tired of fighting with scalp to open files.

SCALP has 2 good features 1: it has a very good trace function (when it will open the file you want to trace)

2: It cuts cleaner that sign cut and doesn't require you to pay for a subscription.

After that I'm at a loss and I've noticed some of the earlier converts to scalp are no longer chiming in defending it.

I was a strong defender of it. It does cut a lot cleaner then the signblazer I have. But as I have progressed its lost its pizazz when it wont open half the files I need it to, or trace all jpg's. I still use it for some things but have since moved mostly to FlexiStarter 10.

Wish I could get the trace program from scalp attached to Corel, best of both worlds.

• Like 1

even newest version of scalp wont open all eps files. I havent quite figured out its "criteria" on what eps files it will or wont open yet. Thats why I bought FlexiStarter 10. Got tired of fighting with scalp to open files.

Wow yeah no idea what is going on there. I have over a thousand eps and hundreds of ai and svg files and SCALP has opened everything I have thrown at it without a single hiccup. Its my daily go to cutting software.

yeah ive even sent craftedge images it wouldnt open and that stemmed a couple of the older updates. Bust still have files it wont open but open fine in other programs

I have an EPS file that SCALP won't open and the program was installed from disk.  I downloaded the latest version from Promise's link above.  Do I need to deactivate SCALP on my computer before installing the latest donloaded version? or will it upgrade the installed version without messing up the activation?

It upgrades w/o needing reinstall however there are lots of eps files that won't open in scalp no matter what you do.

I got it to open by opening it in AI CS5 then saving it as a .svg.  It then opened no problem in SCALP.  I am going to go ahead and install the downloaded version and see if it opens the original eps file.  Thanks for quick reply jaybird! 

FYI, I updated the SCALP program from v3.052 to v3.053 and no dice on opening the original eps file.  I guess I will just have to run them through AI first and convert to svg.

EPS are very hit or miss with scalp. I bought Flexi Starter to cut with so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.