Sign in to follow this  
perry 13654

what would you charge

Hi,  I am having some trouble on pricing a sign  I have already done,  I would like to see what you guys would be at so I don't sell short.

All the info:

- I am a storefront with a overhead of roughly 1500 a month

- this job was for my boss of my nightjob (I cook part time at a hotel to make ends meet)

- He didn't ask me for a quote, just sad it needed to be done and give him the bill when it was done,   I do like him and would like more business from him.

-theyre are 24 signs made out of alumicore that I had to clean old vinyl off from (total cleaning and minor repairs were about 10 hrs)

- signs are 81"x7" each and I completly covered in marroon 600 series avery vinyl and then lettered in seperate white vinyl(couldnt use the white from the sign because of the fading from previous lettering

-12 total designs 2 of each, all but 1 was plan text in arial black,  1 had a simple logo that took me about 15 min to draw

- he took them down and brought them to my shop but had to have them back the next day

I had into it:

2 hour drive(both ways) to look at sign for colors so they would be here to get it done in a day

10 man hours cleaning

10 man hours weeding, design, taping, application

$170.00 app vinyl, tape, cleaners etc.

Please help, I don't want to leave money on the table but  I don't want to overcharge either

It's worth a side note that  I have a $7000 wedding next month at this hotel and didn't get a discount, so I would like to get full price out of this job but dont want to sticker shock him with a price higher than he bought the original signs for (which might be the case considering they were probably done 7-10 years ago)

Thanks,

Erik

I would be at about $1770 for this.

Who cares what they cost him 10 years ago? Prices go up over time. I'm sure that hotel wasn't charging $150 a night 10 years ago either. 

• Like 1