Sign in to follow this  
J.noise

un complicate

I was wondering if their are any tricks to make a vector less complicated. Like for instance can you have the cutter ignore cuts of a smaller size? I know you can use the path simplify but it doesn't make any noticeable changes that i can tell. Basically what i am trying to do is take a detailed image and make it less detailed so it isn't so hard to weed.

then delete those parts before you cut the design, as long as they are not attached to a larger part...  then save the file again.

Your cutter is going to what you send it. 

Thanks for the reply Mz SKEETER. Not sure what you are saying though delete them in Sure cuts a lot if so how? Or are you saying before that?

Delete the parts of the design, that you do not want to be in the finished design.  Before you send to your cutter.   All parts of the design are made up of nodes.   Go edit the nodes of the design.  You need to learn your software. And all functions of your software.

I understand the basic shape tool use to edit the nodes it just seems very clunky to do when you have thousands of nodes on an image. i guess i was just wondering if their was another function to do it with that can say ignore the smaller cuts. and it could be this needs to be done in different software before importing. I am new so bear with me. I did try and search it out on the forums before starting a thread and am not afraid of research.

I have never seen a setting like that and I use 4 different programs, but there may be something in another program that does that.

Thanks jaybird. I have a feeling i am trying to cut way to complicated of a vector. I guess i could always save each color as a separate JPEG and then trace it and control it that way.

ungroup and break apart your image in SCALP under Object. Then pick the pieces (carefully) you want gone individually and hit delete on your keyboard until all the pieces you want gone are gone. If you accidentally delete the wrong thing, you can undo that delete under Edit. Then window whole image when satisfied and hit groub in Object.....poof simplified in SCALP

• Like 1

Monkey thanks I think i need to stop looking for the easy button haha. Are you guys ever dealing with vectors with 100 layers or is that just my inexperience? Of course i am aware that this depends on what a customer might want but i always seam to be swimming in a sea of layers.

Sounds like you may need to prep your image better before it's vectored so as to limit the number of layers.

'Posterize' and 'Threshold' adjustments, and/or the 'cutout' filter in Photoshop beforehand will get the layer count

down to a manageable number when you vector the image.

Did you make the vector file? Lots of vector files that people download are just tracings that someone with Illustrator or Corel made and aren't going to be very great to try and cut. Illustrator has a "simplify" option that will remove nodes on a selected object. I haven't looked for this option in SCALP. If you are doing the tracing yourself you should be able to define how small the smallest size can be. Again I draw in Illustrator and have used SCALP primarily for cutting with my P-Cut 1200. My experience even with high zoot programs like Illustrator the results from a quick tracing are RARELY (like 1 in 50) good enough to cut IMO. Sometimes if I can find a file large enough to trace that I will need to shrink it down to cut I can get away with it and it will look ok but even then there tends to be tiny little jogs and bumps that will cause your cutter to wig out and be upset with you. I usually trace then spend some time cleaning up and removing the offending spots. I almost never trace text, it never looks clean enough. If you have a black object with a white background you can sometimes get a decent first shot trace. Multi colored files get real messy.

This forum Is Awesome The hive mind helps solve problems really fast. @ wildgoose i think you nailed it i need to edit my images more before impoting to scalp to cut.

wildgoose- there is a simplify in SCALP. I would simplify then edit nodes and if i am not mistaken- which i might be- you can also specify how many layers while editing. That just came to mind while sitting here so until i can go home from work(you know those paying jobs) and look at my program i ain't swearin to nuthin !!! yea, i live in the south so just read with my accent and you will understand my words. B)  

Been in SC for 9 years so I no longer need a translater but I can remember a time when a translater was a necessity.

• Like 1