Hey ya'll,

I have an 24" SC cutter that I have been using for a year or so with  Signblazer software. Today I got a repeat order for 100  3x5 decal to go on RVs with name address and phone #. In signblazer, I set" fill area with copies". I've set the vinyl size at 24'x36" Once the cutter starts  about a third of the way through,  it starts  cutting a diagonal cuts and suins  everything. I checked to be sure that nothing in background causing it. Anyone with resolution or ideas on how to correct this. HELP &Thanks in advance 

graphtec - problems solved with low memory and flaky usb connections on value cutters

your best bet with that cutter is do it in smaller groups

• Like 1

If you are not already, use a serial connection instead of USB.

Are you using a keyspan adapter?  First, are you using usb?  If so, you must have a Keyspan adapter with that machine.  I have the same machine.

using Keyspan. I'll have to try smaller grouping in the morning. Will let you know and THANKS for the assist!!!  

te smaller groups should help - just put a little back from each job for a cutter upgrade down the road.  like any equipment you will need to upgrade anyways and just a few bucks from each job adds up quickly

Hey ya'll,

I have an 24" SC cutter that I have been using for a year or so with  Signblazer software. Today I got a repeat order for 100  3x5 decal to go on RVs with name address and phone #. In signblazer, I set" fill area with copies". I've set the vinyl size at 24'x36" Once the cutter starts  about a third of the way through,  it starts  cutting a diagonal cuts and suins  everything. I checked to be sure that nothing in background causing it. Anyone with resolution or ideas on how to correct this. HELP &Thanks in advance 

Have you tried yelling at your cutter "NO! STOP! WHAT THE #$*#*$ ARE YOU DOING? DO YOU HAVE ANY #$** IDEA HOW MUCH THAT #$*&(* VINYL COSTS!?!?!?!? WHY ARE YOU CUTTING A #$*&(* DIAGONAL LINE THROUGH PERFECTLY GOOD #*$&* DECALS?!?!?!?!?!  WHY ARE YOU (*#$(* DESTROYING YOUR OWN #*$&*# WORK?!?!?!?!?"?

Yeah, it didn't work for me either...

I upgraded to a Graphtec, haven't had to yell it at it yet...

• Like 3

Have you tried yelling at your cutter "NO! STOP! WHAT THE #$*#*$ ARE YOU DOING? DO YOU HAVE ANY #$** IDEA HOW MUCH THAT #$*&(* VINYL COSTS!?!?!?!? WHY ARE YOU CUTTING A #$*&(* DIAGONAL LINE THROUGH PERFECTLY GOOD #*$&* DECALS?!?!?!?!?!  WHY ARE YOU (*#$(* DESTROYING YOUR OWN #*$&*# WORK?!?!?!?!?"?

ROFLMAO...... rethinking my graphtec situation now....

funny how that happens - if you talk in a normal tone it is like yelling over the graphtec

Yeah  the SC has a small memory. I found this out doing windshield banner decals for a local offroad shop. Sending in smaller groups should fix the problem. I send 5 36" long banners at a time with no issues using a keyspan and my SC

I have done 24" by 10 foot stuff on my SC with no issues using a keyspan.  That is as large as I have gone so far

• Like 1

keyspan has a much more robust usb to serial conversion chip than the internal one in the value cutters

ROFLMAO...... rethinking my graphtec situation now....

You need to keep that thing and be happy. If you sell it you will regret it, at least if you don't have another Graphtec sitting next to it whe nyou sell. I may bust your chops but I think you may need to seek psychiatric help if you sell that and stick with your SC.

You need to keep that thing and be happy. If you sell it you will regret it, at least if you don't have another Graphtec sitting next to it whe nyou sell. I may bust your chops but I think you may need to seek psychiatric help if you sell that and stick with your SC.

+1

Ive had my graphtec do that..well not diagonal lines....and then i look at my cut screen in signblazer and see the easy weed line setting right there thru it....wtf....

Also when doing like a cursive font where the letters touch/overlap how do u get it to not cut thru them and leave it a solid piece??

Hello Im having cutting problems to. When I press test cut it cuts a crazy line and then a half of box. it should cut a star

inside a box but I just see little lines. I tried working the speed and press but that don't help.

Hello Im having cutting problems to. When I press test cut it cuts a crazy line and then a half of box. it should cut a star

inside a box but I just see little lines. I tried working the speed and press but that don't help.

see your other post on the same thing - answers there

Does it seem like the cutter is moving as if cutting the test cut correctly ? If it is , read up on blade depth and make sure the blade holder is it's holder all the way .

Yeah  the SC has a small memory. I found this out doing windshield banner decals for a local offroad shop. Sending in smaller groups should fix the problem. I send 5 36" long banners at a time with no issues using a keyspan and my SC

I just came.up with a nick name for my helper SC he cant remember.any thing I will send him to the truck for a tool and he will forget what it was.

• Like 1