Sign in to follow this  
gogetemgraphix

vinyl walking/tracking issue also...really bad!!!

i need help!!!! i too have just started having big problems with the vinyl walking to town and back....lol  sometimes it walks the other way not always the same. lettering isn't bad to adjust for but i am trying to cut a graphic and the lines aren't meeting up. allowing for a draft doesn't work for me. this just started getting really bad, no matter what i adjust or try it doesn't work. it also is starting to cut little squares in the corners and it never did that before. this gold chrome has been the worst nightmare.

thanks

lue anne

no matter how i adjust the rollers, it still walks....blade offset? .012 software is signcut. this just started getting really bad...sometimes i had trouble getting it straight, but this is not me this time. i have masking tape across it and marked in pen so i can line it up straight.

thanks

lue anne

I don't get much call for chrome in the banner biz but I have heard that Chrome is hard to work with. I have stopped trying to figure out why some vinyl tracks well and some doesn't. Maybe later someone will pop on with more experience in the Chrome area.

actually both....leaving marks and moving side to side. blade offset is o.25 and i think the new blades i have are 60-65 degree...if i get it to move back and forth without moving side to side, then it will move while it is cutting and my lines dont meet when it is done.

Hello,

I can't speak for the Chrome, but i can come up with some suggestions.

1. If it cuts squares in the corners, that sounds like the "Use exterior corner registration marks"-feature. You can turn that off in the Settings-dialogue.

2. To get better alignment and less movement, please try to setup the software like this:

* Open the Settings-dialogue, tick the checkbox named "Sorting", in the selectionbox, choose "Width"

* In the same dialogue, tick the item named "Step-by-step Cutting".

* Set the "Step-by-step cutting length" to "3.937" inches, if you use inch, otherwise 100mm.

Click Ok.

What this means is that the program will sort all objects width-wise, and cut everything (including the surrounding weedingframe) within that step-size (3.937inch)

before walking down the vinyl. This means that there are less risk of getting the problems with objects not lining-up.

For more information about this unique feature, read here.

Regarding bladeoffset, if it's in inches, the default is: 0.0118 for this machine. (0.30mm), but it depends on the blades used.

Good luck.

hans....a few questions; my default is lenght for sorting, so why choose width? i have a mh721 refine. the step by step cutting....what if i am cutting something that is 57" long, will that effect how that is cut?

thanks

lue anne

Hello,

The reason for sorting by Width is that because you have step-by-step, the knife will only move in that step-length at a time, that means that it will

never move more than the step-length in the Roll-length direction. Instead by setting sorting by Width, the cutter-head will move quicker between

the objects on the width of the machine, but since you use step-by-step it will not move back and forth down the vinyl.

So the conclusion is this. The cutter will never move longer than a step-length at a time, which means that if the tracking would go bad when cutting

a 57" long artwork, all of the artwork is Ok, except the step that broke, you can now tile the artwork in SignCut-X2 and cut the remaining part and then

mount it. This way you never risk to waste alot of vinyl (and money).  :o

The key-part is: SignCut-X2 always cuts a step-length at a time, then walks down the vinyl roll when everything is cut within that area. If a machine has pretty

bad tracking, then set the step-length small, like 100 to 300mm.

Here, i attached a image for visualisation.

post-2032-12986516656821_thumb.png

post-2032-12986516690079_thumb.png